Technology Professional Learning Independent Contractor
Professional Learning Independent Contractor
As the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms worldwide, Discovery Education is transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional learning, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Serving 4.5 million educators and over 50 million students, Discovery Education’s services are available in approximately half of U.S. classrooms, 50 percent of all primary schools in the UK, and more than 50 countries around the globe. Inspired by the global media company Discovery, Inc., Discovery Education partners with districts, states, and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that increase academic achievement.
Our independent contractors support K-12 partnerships by developing and delivering professional learning sessions to customers that will result in successful implementation of Discovery Education’s products and services. The ideal candidate will have experience in delivering and designing professional learning, adult learning theory, and educational technology. Ability to work in a fast-paced, virtual environment is a must.
An Independent Contractor is self-employed and:
- Determines his or her availability.
- Provides all of his/her own equipment (laptop, cell phone, etc.).
- Invoices for payment upon the completion of freelance work.
- Possesses the knowledge and skills needed to perform the work for which he/she is hired.
Independent contractors may function in either of the two roles outlined below. All independent contractors:
- Learn functional and educational aspects of Discovery Education Streaming services and the Techbook services (Math, Science, and Social Studies).
- Understand the assets, structure, and content of the Discovery Education products/services.
Professional Learning Content Development
- Design best in class professional learning by preparing all materials including slide decks, facilitator guides, ancillary print materials, and more.
- Utilize multiple online platforms for content creation and communication with other independent contractors and Discovery Education teams (e.g., Google docs, Box, Basecamp).
- Design experiences that integrate purposeful digital media and tools in order to model best modern instructional practice and enhance the adult learning experience.
Professional Learning Facilitation
- Prepare thoroughly for all aspects of professional development deliveries.
- Deliver high quality professional development services that are both dynamic and steeped in adult learning principles.
- Adapt to meet the professional needs of the participants in the sessions being delivered.
- Minimum of 5 years in education in a K-12 setting
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Experience in facilitating quality professional learning for educators
- Familiarity with education technology and understanding of instructional practices
- Strong knowledge of educational and professional development best practices
- Content expertise in Math, Science, or Social Studies
- Ability to operate successfully in a virtual environment
- Ability to travel
Additional Qualifications(preferred but not required)
- Familiarity with Discovery Education products
- School-based experience with Next Generation Science Standards
- Deep understanding of Common Core Standards for Mathematical Practice
- STEM/STEAM experience
- Administrator experience
- Formal Coaching experience
How to ApplyIf interested in either professional learning opportunity, please visit theDiscovery Education Professional Learning Recruitment webpage. To begin your application, please access the start application button at the bottom of this page.
189 total views, 10 today