This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
23 Aug 2021
Instructional Support Program Assistant
Position Title: Program Assistant
Salary: $40,000 + benefits
Reports to: Stakeholder Strategy Director
Give Merit is looking for a Program Assistant to join their team. This person will provide support to a variety of members on the Give Merit team while also managing a key component to Give Merit’s FATE program: its volunteer mentors. To ensure success, this person will have a clear understanding of the organization’s core values. Top candidates thrive in a fast-paced environment, are willing to learn new things, and pay close attention to details.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop deep understanding of Give Merit mission, values, programs, and vision
- Participate in and support weekly curriculum development meetings
- High School Program – This position will primarily support the Cohort Lead for the Class of 2024 & Class of 2025 to meet the needs of the cohort and mentors at large.
- Uphold program mission, values, and goals while supporting delivery of FATE programming
- Establish meaningful relationships with students
- Cohort lead support – Support workshop preparation, setup, and execution, including, but not limited to, the following elements:
- Curriculum facilitation as needed
- In-person: workshop snacks & meals, bus coordination, room setup & breakdown, workshop table groups, material prep & distribution, student engagement
- Manage cohort trackers/internal data
- Mentor Management – This position will utilize the systems and processes created to support recruitment, training, and relationship development to best support FATE mentors.
- Recruitment (Informational sessions, Application review, Interviews)
- Communication & Coordination
- Workshop Logistics
Special Projects (support as needed)
- Fundraising events
- Alumni engagement
- Social media
- CRM support
- Passion for serving the Detroit community, especially youth
- Effective written & verbal communication skills
- Extremely strong attention to details
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Familiarity with Google applications (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive)
- Experience with coordinating volunteers, youth, or events (preferred)