School Network Staff Program Associate
At LitWorld, our mission is to strengthen children and communities through the power of their own stories. We are committed to creating a world of equity and opportunity by harnessing the transformative potential of children’s stories, diverse reading and writing experiences, and mentor relationships. As a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, we address the challenge of illiteracy globally by collaborating with grassroots organizations to implement innovative solutions that empower young people. LitWorld empowers children to lead lives filled with independence, hope, and joy.
Lit World is looking for passionate, creative leaders who are inspired by our mission and committed to supporting our young people. The Program Associate will report directly to the Program Director. The individual in this role will contribute to curriculum development, partnership management, and program implementation. With a focus on addressing partner needs and facilitating curriculum adaptation. The ideal Program Associate thrives in a dynamic, collaborative, and fast-paced environment.
The Program Associate will work closely with local NYC communities to ensure the successful implementation of LitClubs, fostering a safe and nurturing environment for participants. They collaborate with site coordinators to support LitClub sessions and advocate for the LitWorld mission to promote self confidence, leadership, and community strength through our program.
Program Associates operate in a hybrid environment, attending in-person for programs at school and partner sites, and with the option of attending most team meetings remotely.
- Collaborate closely with the Program Director and Operations Program Manager to support the enhancement, refinement, and piloting of both new and existing curriculum and training materials.
- Manage and nurture strategic partnerships, ensuring effective communication, coordination, and collaboration with local NYC partners.
- Work closely with the program team to streamline and harmonize program implementation across different sites.
- Facilitate cross-partner communication, fostering leadership opportunities for Partnership Coordinators.
- Lead training sessions for program leaders, empowering them with the necessary tools and skills for success.
- Maintain project timelines and milestones, ensuring timely delivery of program objectives.
- Participate in and contribute to the planning and execution of visits to LitWorld programming locations (some travel required).
- Collect and analyze data and anecdotes to support program measurement, evaluation, and reporting.
- Collaborate with the communications team to effectively share impactful stories from the field.
- Plan and organize local programming events to engage communities.
- Contribute to strategies for program expansion and deepening in collaboration with partners.
- Assist in the planning, preparation, and execution of major LitWorld events, including fundraising initiatives and advocacy days.
Success in this position will require, but not be limited to, the following proven experiences and competencies:
- What you’ve accomplished (required):
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of classroom teaching and/or youth development experience in historically marginalized schools or community-based programs
- Demonstrated experience in program management, curriculum design and implementation
- Skills you have developed and knowledge you have acquired:
- Ability to manage and leverage relationships across multiple stakeholder groups
- Strong organizational skills and an exceptional attention to detail with demonstrated success managing multiple projects at once
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate across diverse stakeholders
- Familiarity with Salesforce or similar databases is an advantage
- Preference for bilingual/multilingual candidates
- How you work and what you value:
- Deep commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Self-motivated, flexible, and entrepreneurial
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast paced environment
IMPORTANT: This role requires a background check and proof of vaccination.
Compensation and Benefits
- The salary for this position is $65,000, commensurate with experience.
- 401(k) and health insurance (medical, dental and vision) plans.
- Full time employees receive paid federal holidays, generous PTO which includes personal and sick time.