Instructional Support Program Associate, Cleveland
Position: Program Associate, Cleveland
Reports to: Executive Director, Cleveland
Location: Cleveland / Northern Ohio (Currently Remote)
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Start Date: Immediate
The Program Associate will be responsible for delivering Facing History and Ourselves’ program services for school/district agreements in Northeast Ohio and the surrounding region, as well as general support for schools, school leaders, and educators.
The Program Associate will support and coach trained teachers of the program, co-facilitate professional development workshops and seminars, document relationships and communications with educators and key constituencies in our organizational database, recruit new teachers, schools, and districts to explore and implement Facing History and Ourselves, and manage events or projects on a case-by-case basis. Some travel may be required to assist with regional or national initiatives.
Who we are: The Northeast Ohio office is a small team with a large reach. We are passionate educators and care deeply about our community. Innovative and entrepreneurial, we constantly look for better ways to serve our teachers, our schools, and their students. We work closely together and depend on clear communication, commitment to each other as a team, and a positive energy.
Who you are: You share our passion for education, youth, and the community, with an attention to equity and inclusion. You bring your experience and unique perspective to make us stronger together. You thrive in a team environment, bringing both strong collaboration skills and independent initiative. You have a constant curiosity, and an appreciation for all of Facing History’s core case studies. You are confident facilitating workshops and conversations that explore identity, racism, antisemitism and other challenging topics in diverse settings. You demonstrate the ability to build community face-to-face and online, and seek to be part of a team which is making a positive impact in the Northeast Ohio region.
- BA/BS; MA preferred
- Entrepreneurial and collegial style; ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrates effective communication and facilitation skills
- Secondary classroom (grades 7-12) teaching experience required.
- Experience with culturally responsive teaching, equity and justice initiatives required.
- In-depth knowledge of European and United States history required, preferred experience teaching the Holocaust and other examples of collective violence, the Civil Rights Movement and the history of race in America.
- Experience with literacy, writing/English/language arts/humanities, Common Core standards, and the Ohio State Standards preferred.
- Familiarity with Social Emotional Learning, whole school reform, school culture, and civic education.
- Growth mindset in approaching new challenges and reflecting on past efforts; a desire to deepen knowledge in Facing History content areas and strategies.
- Coaching experience is a plus.
- Fluency in online digital media literacy skills and comfort with integrating web-based and social media technologies for support of a global network of teachers and students.
- Fluency in Google suite and some familiarity with the use of databases is preferred.
- Spanish fluency is a plus.
- Ability to organize and execute tasks in a non-profit context.
- Interest in, and ability to articulate the mission of Facing History.
- Occasional evening and weekend work is required.
- Some travel required (when safe to do so)
Facing History provides an excellent and competitive compensation and benefits package
including medical, dental, vision, life & long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) program,
generous paid time off, an employee assistance plan & a travel assistance plan, pre-tax
Transit-pass program, flexible spending health care and dependent care accounts, 4
voluntary Aflac plans, and a friendly work environment.
Facing History proudly values diversity, equity and inclusion. To read our full DEI statement please follow this link from our careers page. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.