Operations / Administration Program Director
Program Director – UAI Brooklyn
Girls Incorporated of New York City delivers life-changing programs that inspire girls to be strong, smart, and bold. Research-based curricula, delivered by trained professionals, equip girls to achieve academically; lead healthy and physically active lives; manage money; navigate media messages; and discover an interest in science, technology, engineering, and math. Girls Incorporated of New York City is an independent affiliate of the national Girls Incorporated, the nation’s leading expert on issues affecting girls and young women.
Girls Inc. of NYC seeks an experienced and effective supervisor to be a full-time Program Director. The Program Director will supervise a team of 8 staff members and ensure delivery of high-quality program. They will lead staff in executing the mission and vision of the DYCD SONYC After-School program grounded in youth development principles. The successful candidate possesses excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, and ability to build relationships and interface with persons from a variety of backgrounds. Must be detail oriented, a team player, an advocate for women and girls and have a positive outlook and can-do attitude. Must also have a love of learning, be highly energetic, creative, a problem-solver, negotiator, self-starter, and have the ability to work a flexible schedule. Have a keen awareness of and celebrate the vast cultural experiences of New York City girls. A background in partnering with the Board of Education, experiential learning, and group facilitation with youth. Program background in Leadership, STEM, Health & Sexuality, Careers & Life Planning, Sports & Adventure, and Academic Enrichment highly desirable.
- Master’s degree preferred. Bachelor’s degree required with focus in education, social work, psychology, and/or child development.
- Minimum of three years of demonstrated successful experience in a supervisory position providing services to middle school youth.
- Ability to supervise, motivate, train and evaluate staff.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Skilled in communicating and collaborating with school administration & staff, families and partners.
- Effective problem solving and conflict resolution skills with girls and adults.
- Experience working in single-sex, gender equity programs is preferred.
- Reliable, dependable and timely.
- Ability to receive and provide feedback in a constructive way.
- Have a keen awareness of and celebrate the vast cultural experiences of New York City girls.
- Ability to set up and maintain a work environment that challenges gender stereotypes and is LGBT-affirming.
- Ability to respond appropriately in emergency/crisis situations.
- Demonstrated ability to identify needs and develop relevant programs.
- A self-starter with the ability to work as a team player and foster cooperative work.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends, when needed.
- Must commit to the position for a minimum of two years.
- Analyze and apply information from periodic program evaluations
- Ensure that the program adheres to any organizational or grant requirements
- Develop and track program budget
- Has prior experience in strategic planning, program development, and operations
- Pays attention to detail and is able to multitask
- Take responsibility and the necessary steps to create safe environments in compliance with safety policy and law.
Job Type: Full-time (10 am to 6 pm)
Salary: $55,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
Girls Inc. of New York City offers an excellent benefits package, a strong talent development orientation, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.