Operations / Administration Program Director
About Impact on Education
Impact on Education (IOE) is the foundation supporting Boulder Valley’s public schools. Since 1983, we’ve been Boulder Valley School District’s (BVSD) support system, providing supplemental funding and resources to all 30,000 students and 4,000 educators in order to expand what’s possible in education. Our work prioritizes students overcoming the greatest obstacles by addressing economic and learning barriers that curtail success, increasing equity among our students, and closing opportunity gaps.
We are a team of motivated and talented non-profit professionals who share a passion for educational equity and believe strongly in the potential of all students. We are committed to doing excellent work and giving our all to the students in this community. This is a unique opportunity for a proven and effective professional to join our team and grow our impact.
About the Role
IOE’s Program Director works collaboratively with all members of the organization, along with BVSD staff and other partners, to manage existing programmatic investments, identify new opportunities for investment, and monitor program efficacy.
IOE’s work includes:
- an early learning summer program that prepares students for kindergarten,
- awarding grants to schools and educators that provide opportunity to students,
- bolstering the mental health resources available to students,
- facilitating a series of workshops for high schoolers to prepare them for success after graduation,
- awarding college scholarships,
- providing essential school supplies to students in need across the district, and
- meeting immediate and crisis needs as they arise.
This is a full-time position that reports to the Executive Director. Impact on Education’s offices are located in Louisville, Colorado. Our staff work primarily in the office, with some flexibility for remote work.
- Work with partners and conduct research to determine new opportunities for pilot programming that align with IOE’s strategic initiatives
- Set criteria for vetting new programmatic investments
- Work closely with BVSD, IOE, and/or other partners to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget, and timing for new and existing initiatives
- Work with Director of Development on grant applications and occasional meetings with funding partners
- Work with Communications Director on program marketing and external communications
Program operations management
- In partnership with Executive Director and Development Director, create and manage budget for projects and be accountable for delivering against established goals/objectives
- Conduct outreach activities as necessary for meet program participation targets
- Manage programs, project teams, and volunteers, and coordinate and delegate cross-project initiatives
- Establish systems to manage data and streamline programming efforts
- Provide visibility into program activities to teammates and other stakeholders
- Set metrics to track programming impacts
- Write programming reports for funding partners and key stakeholders
- Conduct debriefing meetings, with an eye toward continuous improvement
Desired Qualifications & Skills
- An appreciation and passion for public education
- Ability and interest in professional learning and growth, and desire to help Impact on Education continuously improve
- Experience designing, implementing, and evaluating programs
- Spanish language communication skills desirable
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Familiarity with fundraising best practices
- Experience working with nonprofits, schools or mission-driven businesses
- Working knowledge of K-12 public education systems
- Familiarity with Google Suite, Asana and other digital/program management communication tools
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively and manage multiple priorities
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- SIMPLE IRA with company match up to 3%
- Individual Coverage Health Reimbursement Account (ICHRA) to assist with medical insurance premium costs