School Network Staff Program Manager
We are seeking an After-school Program Manager to lead and manage the day-to-day activities of NYJTL’s after school programs in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn and the Bronx. Reports to the Director of School Based Operations for NYJTL. The Program Manager will be assigned to 7 or more schools/sites locations in the four boroughs and will lead Program Directors with a staff of 15 individuals responsible for a maximum of 90 to 150 children. Program Managers are responsible for monitoring the execution of NYJTL’s program curriculum and have some latitude to innovate new programming to give children different growth experiences. Ideal candidates will be highly-motivated, organized and detail-oriented professionals with experience in youth development and knowledge of after school programs, familiarity with the out-of-school-time model and the mandates of the NYC Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD) and Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOH).
- Bachelor’s Degree required, in Education, child- youth development, or other relevant discipline preferred.
- Minimum 3 plus years’ experience working with elementary or middle school-aged
- Ability to work independently and
- Exceptional project management, organizational skills with attention to details.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, and diplomacy with diverse constituent groups.
- Exemplar team-building and collaborative leadership
- Knowledge of tennis and
- Preferred/ Interest in tennis or willingness to learn desired; playing not
- Must have experience working in After-school programs with Department of Youth & Community Development (DYCD) and Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOH).
- Strong conflict resolution and crisis management
- Experience working with children from diverse
- Exceptional project management, data management and organizational
- Excellent staff management and administrative
- Excellent knowledge of youth development and
- Experience in developing and managing complex budgets; ability to stay within
- Ability to develop and maintain a positive relationship with the school administrator and school staff (e.g. principal and teachers)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (primarily Word and Excel)
- Knowledge of the out-of-school-time model a plus
- Ability to multi-task with good humor in an environment with impressionable youth
- Positive role model to staff and the youth NYJTL
- Must be willing to abide by and maintain the State’s qualifications and training requirement for the SACC-License in order to maintain all Agencies regulations
- Must ensure qualified staff are on duty to meet required ratios during all child care hours. During breaks, lunch and short-term absences (three days or less).
- Must ensure that program meets its monthly rates of participation. Elementary school rate of participation is 80%. Middle school rate of participation is 75%
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a staff of 7 Program Directors
- Work in collaborations with HR to Interview and hire talented staff to work for programs
- Evaluate Program Director, staff, as needed.
- Ensure program meets registration goals, participants attendance input into the DYCD system in timely manner.
- Ensure program is in compliance of DYCD and DOH
- Ensure program meets its funding other program regulators mandates goals; from rates of participations staff training hours to maintaining accurate and current staff, program and participant records.
- Weekly visitation of sites to assure sites compliance with NYTJL policies and procedures are intact with agency program
- Assess and evaluates staff performance
- Approves payroll for field
- Facilitates interagency partnerships with schools administrators to ensure effective programming.
- Completion of hours of
- Ensure staff provides a positive learning experience to
- Demonstrates key competencies including: initiative, teamwork, cooperation, preparedness, professionalism, job performance, reliability, productivity, effective communication, and the ability to continuously improve in all
- Ensure staff complies with required training hours per program
- Serve as positive role model, upholds professional behavior, and works closely with staff, students, and customers in a team-based, respectful setting: adheres to all NYJTL policies, practices, and
- Ability to innovate and improve program quality, as needed, to match program participant needs and
- Completes all other projects and task as required while ensuring the safety and security of all participants and the smooth operation of
- Must be able to work remotely
- Knowledge and experience with online/virtual programming preferred
- Must maintain a working cell phone and internet access throughout your assignment
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by Management