School Network Staff Program Specialist
The Program Specialist will work closely with the Director of Special Education, a team of Learning Specialists, School Psychologists and General Education leaders to create systems where schools feel confident and supported so that the Special Education/Intervention program meets the needs of students so they graduate prepared for success after high school.
This position will assist in creating and maintaining systems for the successful implementation of our Special Education program within the general education environment and a Learning Center model across the organization. The Program Specialist will report to the Director of Special Education and collaborate with school teams and Support Office personnel.
- Serve as initial contact and apply judgment when problem solving issues related to IEP implementation, placement, services, transition or other IEP-related services
- Develop and oversee capacity of site special education team and Response to Intervention Team, including participating in professional reviews, coaching Learning Specialists and School Psychologists, advising child-find and Response to Intervention tiers of intervention
- Assist with resources to access community agencies (i.e. SELPA, County Mental Health, Community Colleges, Regional Occupational Center)
- Support school teams in their understanding of learning and behavior disabilities and their manifestations in the classroom through teacher coaching, site-based workshops, Envision-wide professional development
- Program development based on individual student needs as determined by IEP teams
- Plan regular professional development for Special Education team, foster team-identity and job-alike dialogue
- EDCOE/Charter SELPA liaison for SEIS, information distribution, management of compliance reporting, meetings & scheduling, professional development, and other related responsibilities related to SELPA
- Participate in EDCOE / Charter SELPA Steering committee meetings
- Monitors compliance and educational benefit, per IEP procedural regulations, including State and Self-Review process
- Knowledge of and involvement in special education discipline laws and procedures with school teams
- Liaison for site based counseling, vision and hearing screenings, and other services as needed
- Collaborate with Enrollment Manager and school site teams to coordinate enrollment/disenrollment process
- Coordinate with HR and appropriate staff for recruiting, screening, scheduling activities related to new special education hires and contracted DIS service providers
- Support hourly employee timesheets, material ordering, expense management and/or reporting
- Travel between Bay Area school sites is required
- Excellent project and time management skills: highly organized, able to meet strict deadlines and support others to do so, able to manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a wide range of constituents
- In-depth knowledge of current Special Education and Federal laws
- Expert knowledge of writing Individualized Education Plans (IEPs), running IEP meetings, Behavior Intervention Plans and Progress Monitoring
- Experience providing professional development and coaching
- Unfaltering belief that all students have potential for academic success regardless of disability
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE)
- Valid California Education Specialist credential or Pupil Services Credential, CLAD certificate and Admin credential preferred
- Masters in Special Education or related area preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 3-5 years Special Education experience
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Salary is competitive based on experience and education. Envision also offers a comprehensive benefits package including CalSTRS participation.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com and mention CAO in the subject line. Envision Education will invite select candidates for interviews. Interviews will continue until the position is filled. Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of employment verification and hiring process.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.