Operations / Administration Project & Program Coordinator (Bilingual Preferred)
About RootED Denver
We’ve set an audacious goal: All Denver Public Schools students will attend a high-performing school that prepares them for what’s next—success in college, in careers, and in life.
At RootED, we believe students, schools, and communities thrive when they have the access, tools, and resources to drive change. That’s why we provide funding and strategic support to schools and organizations that authentically engage their communities to create world-class public schools for every student in Denver.
Reaching our goal requires a departure from the status quo. The lack of access to a quality education disproportionately affects students of color, low-income students, and students with disabilities. Many of these children, their families, educators, and surrounding communities are left out of efforts to improve their schools.
So, we’re investing in partners that ensure those voices are at the center of decision-making. Specifically, our funding priorities include:
- Empowering students, families, and educators by providing access, tools, and resources for traditionally underrepresented stakeholders to advocate for better educational outcomes
- Expanding high-quality schools—specifically those that successfully serve students who are low-income, students of color, and/or students with disabilities
- Recruiting, developing, and retaining strong teachers and leaders who reflect the diversity of the students they serve
About the Role:
As the Project and Program Coordinator you will play a pivotal role in overseeing the effective prioritization, execution, and resource allocation for various initiatives. Engaging extensively across the organization, you will connect information and individuals swiftly, driving projects, programs, and initiatives on an organization-wide scale. Your responsibilities include managing the completion of initiatives, priorities, and execution timelines. Communication is a key aspect of this role, involving regular updates on project status, decisions, risks, and open questions to stakeholders.
In addition to overseeing organizational initiatives, you will also be responsible for developing and managing plans for smaller projects that require cross-functional collaboration. Your role will involve coordinating and facilitating planning/status meetings to ensure seamless project coordination. Timely and consistent communication on all projects is essential to foster a clear understanding of ongoing initiatives and their prioritization.
As a proactive and organized Project and Program Coordinator, you will contribute to the success of our organization by ensuring efficient project management, effective collaboration, and transparent communication throughout the project lifecycle.
This position requires a detail-oriented, collaborative, and proactive individual with excellent organizational and communication skills. Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the project manager to ensure effective prioritization, delivery schedules, and allocation of resources.
- Engage extensively across the organization to rapidly connect information and individuals, driving projects, programs, and initiatives on an organization-wide scale.
- Manage the completion of initiatives, priorities, and execution timelines.
- Communicate project status, including decisions, risks, and open questions, to stakeholders.
- Develop and manage plans for smaller initiatives requiring cross-functional collaboration.
- Coordinate and facilitate planning/status meetings to ensure effective project coordination.
- Ensure timely and consistent communication on all projects to foster a clear understanding of ongoing projects and their prioritization.
- Lead and orchestrate the planning and development of key events and meetings, ensuring they align with desired outcomes.
- Collaborate with diverse community partners to conceptualize, define, and enhance innovative ideas in alignment with organizational priorities.
- Implement strategic initiatives/roadmaps and coordinate functional inputs to enhance the overall strategy/roadmap.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in evolving settings.
- Anticipate the needs of the ecosystem and respond promptly.
- Inspire trust and cultivate strong, positive, and productive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with all RootED staff to generate regular reports on program metrics and outcomes for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in the preparation of grant impact reports and other documentation for funders and stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiency in program implementation.
This position will be employed within RootED and will report to the Partner of Communications and Strategic Initiatives.
Strong candidates will have the following skills and experiences:
- A minimum of 2-4 years of professional experience working in a social impact organization in a complex ecosystem with a track record of executing on strategies and delivering results.
- An unwavering commitment to community-driven change, educational quality and advancing racial equity in Denver.
- Strong proficiency in spoken and written English required and preferred in Spanish.
- An ability to build trusted relationships and effectively communicate needs across lines of difference.
- Confidence in developing and communicating program strategy to senior stakeholders and system leaders.
- Strong organizational, coordination and project management experience.
- Proficient with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Experience with Canva or other design software preferred.
- Connection and/or proximity with the Denver communities most impacted by educational inequities and an appreciation of the nuance of Metro Denver neighborhoods (we encourage DPS alumni to apply).
- Collaborative: Oriented toward flat team hierarchies and highly collaborative decision making that frequently requires working through varying points of view to reach consensus.
- Adaptable: Skilled at pivoting approaches based on changing needs and contexts.
- Action-oriented: able and willing to jump into a wide variety of tasks that advance the team’s mission, including tasks beyond their official job duties and tasks they haven’t done before.
- Responsive: Able to make themselves available and accountable to stakeholders and to the RootED team (including on evenings and weekends as needed).
- No Ego: Oriented toward supporting and empowering senior civic leaders and communities to lead.
- Growth Mindset: Comfortable regularly giving and receiving feedback and making changes based on feedback to support the collective growth of the team.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary for this position is $62,500-$70,000 per year depending on experience. RootED also offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k), plus other benefits.
RootED is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
How to ApplyApplication To apply, please submit a resume and a response to the prompts below to: jobs@rootEDdenver.org. Please answer the following briefly and in a medium of your choosing (if you answer in written form, please keep to under 150 words per response; if you answer in video form, please keep to under 2 minutes per response).
- What makes you a great potential fit for this role?
- What does community-driven change mean to you?
- Are you proficient in English and Spanish?