Data Analysis & Visualization Skills Quality Assurance Specialist
Early Childhood Services
Director of Evaluation and Compliance
The goal of the position is to assist the Director of Evaluation and Compliance (DEC) design and implement monitoring and evaluation activities to ensure compliance with contracts and demonstrate impact of services. The Quality Assurance Specialist (QAS) will help analyze program data to allow Grand Street Settlement (GSS) to more efficiently quantify program outcomes and develop benchmarks by which program performance can be evaluated. The focus of the QAS will be on GSS’s early childhood programs, senior services with varying involvement in other GSS departments.
- Associate or Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Good interpersonal skills and strong relationship building with stakeholders/program managers
- Interest in data systems including the collection & monitoring process and technical tools, the data visualizations and continuous quality improvement.
- Interest in human services.
- Good organization skills and detail-oriented.
- Ability to take initiative, maintain confidentiality, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Capacity to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in word processing and Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of databases, evaluation, research methodology, and statistical analysis a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage participant databases and produce reports.
- Conduct outreach to staff with respect to data integrity.
- Support staff with database trainings and respond to staff questions relating to databases.
- Assist DEC with developing monitoring and evaluation procedures.
- Design, implement, and analyze surveys for programmatic assessment.
- Other projects as needed.
Quality Improvement/Data Analysis
- Assist with coordination and collection of data for various reports such as monthly monitoring reports, quarterly outcome trends, and departmental annual reports.
- Train users on forms, software, and procedures.
- Work with the managers and DEC to ensure that mandated service delivery is documented.
- Assist with documentation, assessments, and improvement of data collection and reporting methodology across GSS programs.
- Assist with report writing.
- Support DEC with analysis and formulating recommendations for agency wide planning and Development initiatives.
New Projects/Contract Support
- Assist DEC with managing preliminary planning for new projects/contracts.
- Formulate tools and protocols for reporting.
- Oversee administrative tasks related to contracts and contract reporting and record keeping. Train staff on these tasks on an as-needed basis, and act as task supervisor.
- Manually enter data from hardcopy surveys and record keeping into database.