Principal or Vice Principal Regional Executive Director
College Track is seeking a highly motivated, driven, entrepreneurial leader to serve as the Colorado Regional Executive Director (CO ED). This role will create and implement our regional, multi-year strategy that is rooted in our vision for impact and mission. The CO ED will set the overarching regional direction, maximize student outcomes, inspire CO staff, execute a successful fundraising strategy, and secure and deepen external partnerships. Additionally, this position will drive significant gains in student achievement across both Aurora and Denver sites. The Colorado ED will report to the Regional Executive Officer and is a member of the National Leadership Team.
Primary Responsibilities Include
Achievement of Program Outcomes
- Oversee performance goals across the two College Track centers in Aurora and Denver to ensure students are on track to matriculate and graduate from college. Provide differentiated support for each site as necessary and maintain exceptional quality, while ensuring the fidelity of our program model and meeting key metrics.
- Drive organizational and programmatic alignment across the two Colorado centers, and provide support systems that drive academic and student success, ensuring effective intervention strategies are implemented that produce significant gains in achievement.
- Design and implement systems for evaluating progress toward strategic goals, ensuring that regional objectives are met while also aligning the work with the national program strategy.
- Identify, recruit, develop, and retain a team of results-oriented, entrepreneurial, creative thinkers to execute the highest quality program and achieve its performance goals.
- Build a strong, cohesive regional culture that reflects a relentless focus on student success, operational efficiency and excellence.
Fundraising and External Relations
- Create, implement and manage an effective fundraising strategy that supports significant growth (total of $1.6M by 2024) and long-term sustainability in the CO Region in partnership with our National Development team.
- Initiate, cultivate, manage, and steward relationships with individual, foundation and corporate supporters; expand an existing portfolio of major gift donors in order to significantly increase revenue from individuals.
- Manage the Regional Development Director to ensure robust pipeline and revenue goals are met.
- Steward the Local Advisory Board and inspire fundraising, securting internships, and corporate partnerships.
- Work effectively with local media to create a strong, positive local presence. Participate in events and speaking engagements and serve as a spokesperson for College Track’s mission and impact.
- Set the overarching regional vision; develop a regional strategy and tactical plan that is aligned with our vision of impact, mission, and goals.
- Lead the CO region strategic planning process, including annual budgeting, in conjunction with the org-wide annual planning process.
- Elevate College Track’s presence in the CO Region. Establish relationships with key stakeholders; support the cultivation of local partnerships with school districts, colleges, universities, corporations, and funders to maximize regional impact, scale, and long-term sustainability.
- Coach, develop and manage direct reports in leading strong teams that meet ambitious, measurable, and meaningful goals to ensure programmatic excellence.
- Lead, support, and manage the CO regional team in executing strong operations, logistics, systems, and compliance in the daily operations of sites, while also anticipating longer-term needs.
- Create and maintain a productive and supportive working environment for staff that aligns with College Track’s core values.
- Build and maximize regional connectedness and collaboration, that facilitates the sharing of best practices across the region and that strengthens team impact and student outcomes.
- Oversee staff hiring, professional development and performance evaluation in partnership with mission support staff.
Skills & Experience Required
First and foremost, the Colorado Regional Executive Director must embrace College Track’s vision and mission for transforming low-income communities into places where college readiness and college graduation are the norms. Additionally, candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Strong identification—personally and/or professionally—with our students’ life experiences and demonstrated commitment to social justice and educational equity.
- 10+ years of experience in a leadership role, preferably at an established and successful education organization that experienced growth over his/her tenure.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising with proven track record of expanding an organization’s donor base through collaborative relationship-building
- Experience managing large teams to achieve goals and accelerate outcomes; and, proven track record of attracting and retaining top-tier talent.
- Proven track record of delivering outcomes and achieving aggressive performance goals and metrics. Preferred: history of driving significant gains in student outcomes.
- Highly developed strategic thinking and execution skills that allow him/her to successfully lead and manage projects, groups, or organizations to achieve results.
- Superior relationship-building and interpersonal skills which enable rapport-building with internal and external stakeholders; ability to inspire confidence and collaboration both internally and externally.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to create and deliver inspiring presentations to diverse groups of stakeholders
- Positive, proactive, solutions-oriented disposition with exceptional ability to collaborate with all levels of staff, and across all departments in the organization.
- High level of self-awareness, humility, and emotional intelligence.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred