Technology School Data, Systems, and Technology Administrator
Libertas School of Memphis is a Montessori, liberal arts public charter elementary school serving a high-need neighborhood in Memphis. Our mission is to be a school for human flourishing: cultivating minds, hands, and hearts for lives of wonder, work, and love. We offer students from preschool through fifth grade a rich, rigorous, and personalized education through Montessori learning, supported with rich liberal arts content through Core Knowledge, and the best practices of high-performing urban schools. Our school culture emphasizes forming character virtues, implementing restorative practices, and fostering an attachment village of supports between school, families, and our community.
Role summary: Administer and optimize systems for student information and data management, analysis, and reporting. Manage school technology systems.
- Full-time. School hours approximately 7:30 AM – 3:30 PM (4:30 PM on Wednesdays). Assist with periodic events outside of the normal schedule. Work schedule is more flexible during summer break.
- Reports to: Director of Operations
- Key relationships: Executive Director, Principal, Dean of Students, Student Supports Coordinator, Family Engagement Coordinator, Academic Coordinator, Teachers & Assistant Teachers, office staff, operations staff, and vendor/service provider
Measures of success
- All systems updated with accuracy and reports produced by published deadlines
- 85% stakeholder satisfaction with supports
- Resolve routine requests within 48 hours
- Satisfactory performance evaluations
- Other indicators
- Data & Information Systems: Configure, administer, import/export, and otherwise support systems to meet user needs, including SchoolMint (student registration), SwiftReach K-12 (family communication), PowerSchool (student records and attendance), EIS (in cooperation with consultant), student gradebook and other internal data, NWEA MAP, Transparent Classroom, Google G Suite, FreshDesk, etc. Train and support the day to day users that operate these systems.
- Reporting: Ensure other school staff and leaders have timely access to needed information by creating and maintaining data dashboards and reports.
- Technology: Plan for school technology needs (e.g. computing, network infrastructure, printing/copying, user support), and coordinate with service providers. Ensure that these technology systems are kept in working order and accessible to staff. Provide support to stakeholders including parents, students, faculty, and staff. Diagnose and repair a variety of software and hardware issues. Help solve tech problems over the phone or on-campus. Train families on procedures for logging into various school software systems. Deploy hardware and maintain inventory.
Qualifications and traits
- Experience working in a school environment is preferred.
- Proficiency with creating spreadsheets for data analysis and working with Google applications. Experience working with a variety of software and hardware.
- Proven aptitude for quickly learning new data and technology skills. Eagerness to pursue additional training and experience in these areas.
- Ability to problem solve and think critically and strategically about technology issues.
- Timeliness and commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Experience in successfully working with and supporting other adults.
- Customer service oriented. Effective communication skills, including listening, writing, and speaking.
- Ability to multitask while staying organized and attentive to detail.
- Flexible, takes initiative, and has a strong sense of personal ownership of responsibilities.
- Work collaboratively and with a growth mindset; give and receive feedback in a spirit of craftsmanship.
- Model of character and virtue.
- Dedication to support human flourishing through the school’s philosophy of wonder, work, and love for all students.
- Salary/wage competitive with the local school district and nearby charter schools.
- Eligible for increases or stipends for performance or additional duties.
- Investment in faculty professional development and growth.
- Paid sick leave.
- Deferred pay model distributes salary throughout the year (including breaks and vacations).
- Full time employees are eligible for health insurance benefits, which we sponsor at an above-market rate (approx. 80% covered by employer for all levels of coverage). We also offer dental, vision, and other benefits, and retirement plans similar to local schools.