Marketing and Communications Schools & Districts Sales Lead
Outschool’s mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We believe the best way to do that is by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with others who share those interests, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own path. We provide small group classes that meet over live video chat where learners are connected with teachers and classmates who share their interests. These classes are offered through our marketplace and conducted on our remote learning platform.
We’re an experienced team with past accomplishments at Airbnb, Square, Apple, Uber, Udemy, Amazon, Google, and many startups. Outschool’s team came together because we wanted to make a difference in education and saw the opportunity to empower learners, teachers, and parents. We value lifelong learners from all perspectives and walks of life, and we hold bringing others in as a core value of our company. We are committed to building a team that can bring a variety of both life and professional experiences to their role.
Now, in the face of mass school closures, our product and expertise has become central to many more families and organizations than ever before. We’re committed to access and impact so we founded outschool.org to offer financial assistance to families in need.
Are you excited about schools and districts providing more choice and amazing classes to their learners? If so, this job is for you. Outschool is looking for a passionate and dedicated Schools Lead to establish a strong foothold in schools and districts across the country that want to better serve their students. We are looking for someone who gets equal satisfaction from developing a strategy as they do from executing it. We are looking for strong people skills and communication, an understanding of K-12 schools, a love of talking about learning, and the desire to transform the way we think about education.
- Own the strategy for school & district sales, as well as the success of the implementation
- Collaborate on strategies to reach more schools and districts through inbound and outbound marketing efforts and direct communication.
- Develop a sales pipeline by prospecting for new opportunities and following up on inbound leads.
- Design successful outreach campaigns
- Conduct discovery meetings.
- Create business proposals for schools and districts and closing deals.
- Provide implementation, onboarding, and utilization of training to schools and districts
- Work closely with Product, Outschool.org and other teams
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- You have 4+ years of sales and or marketing experience, ideally with 2+ in the K-12 space
- You have 2+ years of experience in high growth and/or 0-100 sales team
- You have an understanding of the K-12 space across traditional public, private, and charter schools, and when you don’t know something, you find ways to figure it out
- You have experience developing and executing marketing, outreach, and mass communication strategies
- You have an understanding of the needs and challenges of school and district leadership teams
- Experience building school and district level relationships, selling and account management
- You know how to support and develop others and enjoy the process
- You are creative and feel rewarded by connecting with and helping others — developing relationships is important to you
- You listen deeply and understand the challenges of others; you ask a lot of questions
- You have the ability to toggle between 30K foot view to strategize/plan and the deep weeds to execute
- You have excellent communication skills and a bias to inbox zero
- You care about the education of learners and want to make it better
- You have the ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You are known for being both patient and persistent
- You are an excellent communicator and creative thinker
At Outschool, we believe that taking care of one another enables us to do our best work. To us that means:
- Shared Financial Success: Competitive salaries, stock options and a 401k that makes saving for retirement easier.
- Health and Wellness: Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage options for employees and their families. Our medical benefits include fertility and family planning coverage.
- Flexible PTO and Family Benefits: PTO and family leave enable our team to take the time that we need to recharge, relax, and spend time with family and friends.
- Remote First: With over 50% of our team distributed across North America, we create a remote culture through weekly meals, virtual events, and a home office allowance.
- Lifelong Learners: Annual budget to self-direct our professional development. There’s also a budget for employees’ learners to take classes on Outschool!
- Community Impact: Outschool matches employee donations to established 501c3s, and has committed to donating $3M to Outschool.org non-profit programs.
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and a competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.
Must be a citizen or legal resident of the U.S. or Canada and reside in the U.S. or Canada.