Teacher Science and Technology Teacher
The Gillen Brewer School is an independent school and a thought leader in the area of educating children who have specific learning needs. Uncovering The Specialness In Every Child™ is our expertise and working with our families is at the heart of everything we do at Gillen Brewer. By accepting and celebrating the differences of each child, we are redefining what “special” in the world of “special education” means. Our diverse student body includes 88 children, ages 2.8 to ten years old, with executive functioning deficits, language-based and non-verbal learning disabilities, and social and emotional deficits, as well as children on the autism spectrum. We provide each student with a rich and nurturing 12-month program of rigorous academics, art, music, science, technology and physical fitness. Speech-language and occupational therapies and counseling services are integral to our program and staff works in a highly integrated manner. Gillen Brewer is defined by a commitment to our students and inspired by their determination. Working collaboratively with families and utilizing the exceptional skills of our highly qualified professional staff, we help each child build a foundation that will enable them to become confident, independent and engaged learners.
Gillen Brewer’s Science and Technology Teacher will continue to develop and implement a hands-on, inquiry-based science curriculum that incorporates technology in Gillen Brewer’s elementary-age classrooms. The Science and Technology Teacher will coordinate with the school’s Art and Music Teachers to sustain a creative, engaging and fun complement to classroom academics across the program.
- Relevant teaching experience with elementary-aged special needs students required
- Flexible and Adaptable to multiple environments
- Team player who thrives in an integrated and collaborative environment
- Master’s Degree in Special Education preferred
- Excellent communication and digital presentation skills required
- Knowledge of Elementary Science and Technology Standards required
- Independent school teaching experience preferred
- Knowledge of the cognitive, linguistic, and developmental needs of students with special needs
- Strong communication and organizational skills
Gillen Brewer offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive professional development program. All applicants are required to submit a resume, cover letter, and two reference letters. The Gillen Brewer School is an equal opportunity employer.
How to ApplyPlease submit application to Braque Hershberger at email@example.com and indicate position of interest in the email subject line.
412 total views, 3 today