Teacher Secondary Math Teacher
21st Century Charter School at Gary is a free K-12 public charter school. We are building a team of excellence. We are the top performing charter school in Gary, Indiana. We are one of the few Indiana schools offering an early college program, which allows our qualifying high school students to take real college courses for real college credit, free of charge to our students and their families. Our curriculum and our teaching methods are designed using Core Knowledge in K-8, Project Lead the Way beginning in middle school, and a blended learning model in middle school through high school. We are a TAP school! Please join us if you are committed to excellence, mission-driven, and ready to take 21st Century Charter School @ Gary to uncommonly high levels of achievement! Our teachers cultivate in our students the critical thinking skills they will need to understand how the world around them works and to become leaders and agents of positive change in the world.
Principal and Administrative Team
This is a full-time 10-month position.
21st Century Charter School is looking for an energetic highly qualified person to teach High School Math, Algebra I & II, and Geometry. Candidates must show evidence of academic success. Salary is highly competitive.
The position is responsible for creating a classroom environment to develop competencies in mathematical skills and an understanding of the structure of mathematics; to motivate each pupil to apply mathematical understanding and skills in the solution of practical problems; to prepare each student to meet the Indiana Statewide Testing for Educational Progress-Plus (ISTEP .)
Valid Indiana Teacher’s License in Secondary Mathematics. Ability to meet Highly Qualified Status according to IDOE guidelines
- Master’s Degree
- 5-year minimum experience in the content area with evidence of student’s Academic Success
- TAP (Teacher Advancement Program) Experience
- Core Knowledge Experience
- 3.5 GPA or higher in Master and Undergraduate work
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
A High School Teacher is required to perform the following duties:
- Plan and implement a blended learning environment, providing direct and indirect instruction in the areas of Mathematics based on state standards
- Participation in all TAP requirements, focusing on data-driven instruction
- Create an inviting, innovative and engaging learning environment that develops student critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Prepare students for strong academic achievement and passing of all required assessments
- Communicate regularly with parents
- Continually assess student progress toward mastery of standards and keep students and parents well informed of student progress by collecting and tracking data, providing daily feedback, weekly assessments, and occasional parent/teacher conferences
- Work with the Special Education teachers and administration to serve special needs students in the classroom
- Attend all grade level and staff meetings and attend designated school functions outside of school hours
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom you are responsible
- Accept and incorporate feedback and coaching from the administrative staff
- Perform necessary duties including but not limited to morning, lunch, dismissal, and after-school duties
- Performs other duties, as deemed appropriate, by the principal
- Dress professionally and uphold all school policies
How to ApplyWe would love for you to apply by simply going to https://21stcenturychartergary.careerplug.com/j/09z3o0.
413 total views, 2 today