Teacher Secondary Math Teacher
Secondary Math Teacher
*To be considered: Please submit a cover letter and resume.
About Lotus School for Excellence:
Lotus School for Excellence is a K-12, college-prep public charter school with a S.T.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math) focus.
All employees at Lotus School for Excellence (LSE) work together to create academic, social, and ethical leaders. The thoughts reflected in this description provide structure to the responsibilities and accountability for this position. However, LSE expects to employ professionals who will work beyond job descriptions, creating both a fulfilling career environment and successful outcomes for our students.
Middle School Math Teacher will provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth.
- A strong passion for diverse populations.
- Culturally responsive teaching aptitude for planning rich learning opportunities with student needs, interests, and readiness in mind.
- Data-driven approach. You use data to make instructional moves that improve or enhance student learning.
- Experience with diverse populations and Title One schools.
- Demonstrates exceptional instructional delivery
- Plans and implements the approved curriculum for the specified content area (s)
- Models and promotes independent thinking skills, and creative problem solving and abstract reasoning skills
- Model engaging, data-driven professional learning utilizing a demonstrated knowledge of math, bilingualism, and culturally responsive pedagogy
- Displays empathy and understanding of students’ needs
- Promote accountability for all students
- Regularly attend meetings to review student data and use it to provide student feedback and set goals
- Organize classroom to maximize student learning
- Consistently and effectively communicates with students, parents, and colleagues
- Develops a cooperative partnership based on mutual respect with students, staff and parents
- Assesses student performance daily through frequent checks for student understanding
- Facilitates the resolution of issues that might arise with students and parents in a timely manner
- Establish systems and routines in order to create a safe, purposeful, and welcoming classroom environment focused on learning.
- Communicate regularly and often with families to both solicit their input and share student social and academic progress.
- Provide supervision of students during before and after-school activities (arrival, dismissal, breakfast, lunch, and break).
- Own the success and achievement of all scholars in the school.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Participate in regular instructional coaching meetings and content-based dep meetings.
Education and Related Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in the specific content area
- 1-year relevant teaching experience
- Experience with charter schools
Licenses, Registrations or Certification:
- A valid Colorado Teacher License (preferred) in the applicable endorsement area;
- Sufficient college coursework (or degree in the content area).
- CPR certification (Lotus will provide the necessary resources to become certified)
Condition of Employment
As a condition of employment, the individual selected for this position will be expected to complete the APS-sponsored Linguistically Diverse Educator (LDE) Certificate Program within the first three years of employment. New hires are expected to begin this program during the 2021-2022 school year.
Reports to: High School Principal
Job Type: Full-time (186-day schedule)
Compensation and Benefits:
- $45,000 – $70,000 / year (BOE)
- Participation in CO PERA program, including a PERA 401k contribution option
- Funding of 100% of individual medical benefits and a wide range of insurance plans
- Approximately 9 weeks of summer vacation, 4 weeks of school holidays/vacations, and 8 days of PTO annually