This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
31 Aug 2023
Teacher High School Chemistry/Biology Teacher – RISE Campus
About Rocky Mountain Prep
Rocky Mountain Prep is a growing network of innovative public charter schools, serving students in pre-kindergarten through fifth grade in the Greater Denver Area. Rocky Mountain Prep opened its first school in 2012 with 130 students and has grown to four schools, working with over 1,800 scholars across two districts. Grounded in our culture of rigor and love, our schools consistently outperform local districts academically, while also ensuring our scholars are developing in our PEAK values of perseverance, excellence, adventure, and kindness. In the school year 2023-2024, we will grow to 12 schools serving over 5,000 students
Who We Seek
If you are someone who is mission-driven, humble in your reflections about your practice, smart in the ways you approach data, and results-oriented, we’d love to see you apply.
The salary for this position is 50,000 TO 69,000 based on years of teaching in K12 and level of education.
SUMMARY of ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Lead engaging, data-driven instruction in Science
- Teach daily student interventions, providing individualized instruction based on student needs.
- Analyze student data and use it to provide student feedback and set goals.
- Collaborate with other teachers, school leaders, curriculum directors, APIs, network leaders, and the special education team to ensure that instruction meets the needs of each learner
- Lead a student advisory at the beginning and end of each school day, and serve as the main point of contact and advocate for students in an advisory of approximately 15 students.
- Establish systems and routines in order to create a safe, purposeful, and welcoming classroom environment focused on learning.
- Communicate regularly and often with families to both solicit their input and share student social and academic progress.
- Provide supervision of students during before and after school activities (arrival, dismissal, breakfast, lunch, and break).
- Participate in family and community events, including twice-annual parent conferences and at least one student enrollment event or activity.
- Own the success and achievement of all scholars in the school.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings and grade level meetings
- Participate in regular instructional coaching meetings and content-based department meetings.
- Participate in Rocky Mountain Prep’s Summer Training Institute as well as professional development throughout the school year.
Rocky Mountain Prep’s Secondary Teacher Requirements
- We do not require a Colorado Teaching License for our general education teaching positions. However, you do need to possess a Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree and achieve Qualified Teacher Status within six weeks of your start date through one of the approved channels outlined by the Colorado Department of Education. (More questions about this? We highly encourage you to connect with the folks at TEACH Colorado! )
- A commitment to the social and emotional well-being of all scholars and the culture of the school.
Nice to Haves
- Speaks Spanish
- 2+ years of teaching experience
- Knowledgeable about math instruction through a culturally responsive and critical pedagogical framework
- Demonstrated success working with scholars from historically marginalized communities
Benefits – TOTAL REWARDS
- Our benefits package includes:
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement through PERA
For most of our positions, we hire on a rolling basis. Therefore, we recommend that you submit your application as soon as you are able. Most processes include a 30-minute phone interview with a member of our Talent Team then a 1-2 hour final interview over Zoom unless otherwise noted by your interviewer. You can read more about our process as well as get tips on preparing for an interview here!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
STRIVE Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. STRIVE Prep works to make a college preparatory education for all students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. To achieve this we are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias.