Teacher Secondary Teacher
Salary Range: Low: $ 42,500 Midpoint: $ 52,500 High: $ 73,000
SECHS seeks teachers with a track-record of raising student achievement to join a team of educators dedicated to providing a rigorous college preparatory program to a diverse population. At SECHS, teachers are leaders who are responsible for developing and implementing the curriculum. Teachers also play an integral role in ensuring student success through the support of our school culture, the development and instruction of a rigorous core curriculum, and the use of data to drive their daily practice. Each teacher will perform effective teaching methods to ensure student success and promote an exemplary educational program which fosters achievement for all students. SECHS has a rigorous curriculum for our high school students designed to prepare our students for success in college and the 21st Century.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate relentless drive to improve the minds and lives of students
- Take holistic accountability for student success- taking ownership of each student’s academic success or
- Model the school’s core values with colleagues, students, parents and the larger community
- Reinforce the school’s core values, guiding philosophy, rules and school spirit
- Exhibit mastery and enthusiasm for the assigned academic subjects and classes
- Plan and implement targeted curriculum and assessments for each student which adheres to the school’s curriculum and
- Work to implement and master core instructional practices
- Curriculum and Assessment
- Implement a variety of targeted assessments and root cause analysis that measure progress towards learning outcomes and that adhere to the Common Assessment
- Use assessment data to adapt curriculum and instructional practices to help students meet the school’s performance standards. Such use of data includes re-teach weeks, spiraling skills, and changing daily instruction to meet student
- Model and reinforce the school’s core values and policies inside and outside the
- Perform as an advisor to a group of advisees by overseeing their academic and student This responsibility includes taking attendance, holding regular conferences, meeting with advisee’s parents and communicating with student and parent regularly, leading reading circles, overseeing digital portfolios, and overseeing advisory competition activities.
- Devote the necessary time and energy required to master the craft of teaching. To be open to innovative approaches to teaching, feedback from colleagues and school
- Actively participate in the school’s professional development programs including data analysis and planning, leading and participating in best practice sessions, peer coaching, and attending conferences.
Any other duties assigned by his/her supervisor.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They simply represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully fulfill this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
- Master’s Degree is preferred
- Current Tennessee teaching license required
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience teaching in an urban community preferred
- Proficiency in using technology for educational purposes
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of content area, teaching methods, learning styles and educational research related to secondary learners;
- Familiarity with 21st century learning skills;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the scope and the sequence of subject-specific curriculum;
- Ability to align curriculum and assessments with state content standards;
- Strong classroom management, communication, organization and planning skill;
- Positively impact achievement and differentiate instruction based on the needs of the students by supporting programs designed to increase student achievement;
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills through collaborative work with students, teachers, parents and administrators;
- Willing to support and actively participate in a professional learning community;
- Participate collaboratively in teaching teams to design curriculum and assessments, and pursue best teaching practice; and,
- Utilize electronic database system (PowerSchool) at the high school level for online attendance, grade book, and posting of assignments, as well as for parental access to attendance and
Southwest Early College High School is committed to the letter and spirit of equality. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national and ethnic origin in hiring and employment, nor in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship, and other programs.
How to ApplyPlease visit: https://sechsmemphis.com Select the contact link, select Employment Opportunities, select Teacher and follow the directions.
599 total views, 1 today