Marketing and Communications Senior Director, Marketing
Herron Classical Schools a tuition-free, intentionally diverse, public charter school network located in downtown Indianapolis. HCS is a network of three schools – Herron High School, Herron-Riverside High School, and Herron Preparatory Academy (K-8) – serving more than 1,500 students from across central Indiana. Scholars as young as kindergarten and through senior year learn to think critically, solve problems creatively, and communicate effectively. These and many other lessons prepare students to be world-class citizens. HCS believes that a robust liberal arts and sciences education is the best preparation for a life of leadership and service.
The senior director of marketing is responsible for the development and implementation of a network-wide strategic marketing plan. This leader grows and maintains strong relationships in the HCS community – including prospective families, scholars, alumni, parents, faculty and staff, volunteers, donors, and community partners – that enhance network brand awareness and mission impact. They work across the HCS network to identify existing needs and new opportunities for marketing and communications support. They ensure that marketing efforts are integrated and impactful. This new role reports directly to the Vice President, Chief Development Officer (CDO) and will:
- Provide strategic leadership for all marketing and brand strategies for Herron Classical Schools with advisement from the VP, CDO
- Develop and implement an integrated and cohesive strategic marketing plan to broaden awareness of HCS, increase visibility across key constituent audiences, and advance the network’s mission
- Coordinate and execute all marketing functions; manage key staff
- Develop marketing goals and metrics for the department
- Track, review, and analyze various forms of data and analytics to develop reports, monitor progress, and identify new growth opportunities
- Lead marketing and brand strategy efforts to increase awareness of focus areas such as enrollment, teacher recruitment, philanthropy, etc.
- Identify media opportunities and collaborate with Director of Donor Engagement and Communications to coordinate media releases
- Develop and direct marketing automation strategy using industry best practices
- Create and develop special initiative marketing plans, special event advertising, marketing kits, social media, and other communication materials that support network strategic goals
- Stay abreast of latest trends in marketing, video, social media, and digital strategies across education, non-profit, and for-profit sectors
- Manage relationships with vendors and monitor department budget
- Collaborative and strategic leader who enjoys working in a cross-functional, diverse team environment
- Passion for the mission and vision of Herron Classical Schools
- Excited to be a part of an organization that believes every student is a scholar, engages in an urban community, advances timeless ideas and content, builds a culture of respect and trust through relationships with people and ideas, and serves as a catalyst for renewal
- Strategic thinker, comfortable with generating ideas and plans, and getting those plans across the finish line
- Effective communication and engagement skills, both oral and written, including the ability to interact/communicate with all types of members of the community including teachers, administrators, board members, parents, and students
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize, and change directions quickly according to network needs
- Self-starter, ability to set and meet goals, and a desire to excel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field
- Five+ years of experience in marketing; prior experience in education and/or nonprofit sectors is a plus but not required
- Ability to pass a background check
Salary range: $75,000-$85,000 – benefits include health, dental, vision & life insurance; health savings account contributions, short-term & long-term disability, retirement contributions, paid vacation & sick days.
Herron offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.