School Network Staff Senior Director of Learning
Wonderful College Prep Academy, an independent charter school in Delano, California, is seeking a leader to foster academic excellence throughout our schools, preschool through 12th grade, so that we can fully realize our mission of preparing students for the best universities throughout the country to pursue promising careers. The Academy, located on a new state-of-the-art campus, serves 1,700 students in Delano and Lost Hills.
Reporting to the Superintendent, the Senior Director of Learning is responsible for ensuring all stakeholders are best positioned to meet their annual academic outcomes throughout the organization, including curriculum and assessment, professional development, student case management and parent training.
Here’s what you’ll do:
Lead a high performing team that will provide high impact academic capacity-building and support to meet the Academy’s annual goals. Senior Director of Learning will oversee:
- Literacy Director
- Math and STEM Director
- Director of Special Education and Student Supports
- Student Achievement Coordinator
- Dean of Students
- School Psychologist
- Manager of Family and Community Engagement
Inspire a world-class vision for academic excellence, while tracking, evaluating and supporting continuous improvement throughout the pipeline that ultimately prepares 100% of our students to thrive and complete degrees at competitive four-year universities.
- Report, analyze and develop action plans for key data metrics in order to meet annual goals
- Develop a cohesive, action-oriented system of interim and summative assessments
- Ensure a robust case-management system is fully executed and reviewed regularly
Develop an articulated academic program from Pre-K through 12th grade, which through early college pathways includes awarding of Associates degrees in high school.
- Adopt and oversee implementation of a rigorous college prep academic program, including annual preK-12 pacing plans, in all disciplines
- Continuously support staff to utilize cutting edge and proven learning materials
- Execute most effective research-based inclusionary learning materials for English learners and students with special needs
- Oversee early college partnership with Bakersfield College to support Ag Business and Liberal Arts pathways
Oversee teacher training, development and evaluation. Senior Director of Learning will manage:
- Annual Professional Development (PD) calendar
- Develop and facilitate professional development for new hires, summer training, weekly staff meetings and ad-hoc training needs, in collaboration with school principals
- Support instructional coaching throughout the schools
- Facilitate and oversee university partnerships for BTSA, Teach for America, Teach to One, Loyola Marymount and related teacher programs
Develop a system of student and family supports that positions every student to reach their full potential and meet ambitious goals.
- Create and implement school culture campaign and supports to meet student needs while driving personal and academic excellence throughout all campuses
- Support consistent organization-wide implementation of community circles and positive behavior intervention supports
- Develop a system of family supports to ensure comprehensive wrap-around support services while complimenting the Academy’s college-going mission
Other leadership responsibilities, as assigned.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of leadership experience, either at the school or district level, charter school experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of teaching experience, preferably across multiple levels
- Experience in rural setting and/or serving high risk populations
- Graduate of a recognized college or university with a master’s degree or higher
- A valid California Administrative Services credential preferred, but not required
- Bilingual Spanish speaker preferred
- Passion for working with traditionally underserved communities in high performance settings
- Entrepreneurial spirit capable of managing many complex tasks with competing priorities
- Proven track-record developing and delivering rigorous academic programs within challenging student settings
- Strong leadership and execution abilities including goal-setting, strategic planning, prioritization and capacity-building
- Excellent problem-solver
- Organized and self-managed, able to drive toward outcomes
- Dependable with excellent follow-through
- Proven ability to collaborate and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, orally and in writing
- Self-reflective leader who is committed to ongoing learning and growth of self and others
Here’s what we’ll bring to the table:
- Free access to the Wonderful Wellness Clinic
- Free access to the Wonderful Fitness Center
- Company paid health/vision/dental for self
- Voluntary 403b with company match
- Most positions are bonus eligible
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated leader to assume a pivotal role in an innovative education environment. Wonderful College Prep Academy offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience. Incentive bonuses and relocation stipends are available.
Applications and questions should be made to the attention to Valerie Green at email@example.com opens an email client application . Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
How to ApplyTo apply, please use the following link - https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1057741&d=TheWonderfulCompany-External&r=5000340874806#/
316 total views, 2 today