Operations / Administration Site Coordinator III (Association Office – CS 112)
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities. The Community School is located at 1925 Schieffelin Avenue, Bronx, NY, 10466.
We are seeking an experienced individual who, under supervision of the Community School Director, will play a critical role in providing academic enhancement and enrichment in the Y Afterschool program, including Holiday Camps. The Site Coordinator will be responsible for providing a safe and positive environment for school-aged children, and provide opportunities for learning, interaction, and academic / personal growth.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of children in the program, by providing close supervision of all activities.
- Promote an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment that embraces the diversity
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Y Afterschool and Y Core programs.
- Maintain accurate program records (participant files, staff files, YS.net data entry, incident / accident / behavior reports, attendance & sign-in / sign-out sheets, and licensing requirements).
- Plan, create and ensure implementation of weekly lesson plans.
- Observe and assess the individual needs of children; handle student related problems.
- Assist parents in finding referrals to proper agencies for evaluations and remediation of children with special needs.
- Monitor and update all required staff training attendance and certifications.
- Ensure that supplies and equipment are available and kept safe.
- Fiscal contract management.
- Create and maintain a strength-based, youth-focused atmosphere that is consistent and sensitive to the needs of participants with learning, emotional, or behavioral differences.
- Serve as a positive role model for participants.
- Understand, communicate, and model the YMCA’s core values and the goals of the Y Afterschool Program to participants and care givers.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with parents and guardians through regular communication about their child’s strengths and areas of growth.
- Adhere to all Department of Health, YMCA of Greater New York, and funder standards, expectations, and regulations.
- Actively participate in all training sessions and designated meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Minimum of two years of experience working with youth.
- Current CPR / First Aid / RTE certifications.
- Excellent leadership and hospitality skills.
- Comfortable working with a diverse population.
- Must be available to work Monday – Friday, 10:00AM – 6:30PM.
How to ApplyWe offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Site Coordinator” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to: YMCA of Greater New York Attn: Faatimah Croston 5 West 63rd Street, 6th Floor New York, NY 10023 EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities New York City’s YMCA | WE’RE HERE FOR GOOD.
612 total views, 1 today