Teacher Spanish Teacher
When students enter HCZ Promise Academy Charter Schools, we make a promise to help each and every one get to and through college. Everything we give our students—from world-class instruction and exceptional extracurricular activities to social emotional support and healthy meals—is aimed at fulfilling that promise. Our schools have a longer school day and year, helping us keep our kids safe and engaged, ensure their success in core subject areas, and give them an immersive, well-balanced education that includes exposure to the arts, daily physical activity, and field trips to museums, performances, sporting events and, of course, college campuses.
In addition, our Promise curriculum includes grade-appropriate character education, helping students at every level build crucial non-cognitive skills such as resilience, grit, and curiosity. We also provide on-site medical, dental, and psychological services, as well as a healthy, freshly made breakfast, lunch and snack each day. Plus, the vast majority of our students participate in our after-school programs, where they receive extensive academic support and engage in a wide range of recreation and enrichment activities.
Not only do our students receive a high-quality, standards-based education, but they and their families also have access to HCZ’s comprehensive network of supports, including counseling, benefits assistance, and other social services.
To support our teachers, we provide them with weekly professional development, access to top-of-the-line technology, including a personal laptop, and Smartboards and tablets in the classroom. Additionally, our teachers are surrounded by colleagues and professionals—ranging from academic and instructional coaches and deans of students, to guidance counselors and social workers—all committed to ensuring the success for every child. As a teacher at Promise Academy, you will take your place in a team that seamlessly surrounds children in a safe, enriching environment, making sure the reach their full potential.
We are seeking an Spanish Teacher. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for the mission of HCZ Promise Academy, an understanding and respect for the culture of all residents of Harlem, and a desire for working in a school setting that fosters a love for children.
Spanish Teacher Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning
- Ensure lessons are rigorous, clear, measurable, and aligned with Common Core State Standards
- Develop and use a variety of assessments (e.g., exams, written work, and public performances) that frequently measure student progress toward the school’s content and skill standards
- Maintain an organized classroom environment that facilitates learning
- Ensure that students master grade-level standards
- Maintain and communicate high academic and personal expectations for all students
- Incorporate direct instruction, discussion, projects and cooperative work to engage students, keep classes focused and infuse a lasting desire to learn
- Work with teaching assistants and/or teaching fellows to provide an effective classroom environment and address the needs of individual students
- Follow the school’s policies and procedures for student conduct and discipline, and refuse to tolerate classroom disruptions
- Develop clear evaluation criteria and distribute to students prior to assignments
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, and colleagues
- Share responsibility for grade level and school-wide activities
- Opportunity to work Saturdays during test prep season – additional compensation provided
Spanish Teacher Qualification, Skill and Knowledge Requirements
- A dedication and commitment to the mission of HCZ Promise Academy
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years teaching experience is required
- 2 – 5 years teaching experience in an urban school setting is desired
- New York State certification for Grades 7 – 12 in subject area required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
How to ApplyTo be considered, interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume HERE. No telephone inquiries or recruiters please. Replies will only be sent to qualified applicants. HCZ is an EOE
278 total views, 3 today