Teacher SPED Teacher at HUM High School!
This position is for HUMANITIES HIGH SCHOOL located in Marble Hill, Bronx.
Why Teach With Us?
New Visions seeks the most talented and dedicated educators to bring their skills, experience, and energy to a collaborative and innovative learning environment where teachers are empowered to meet each student’s unique learning needs and open the doors to new and rich opportunities. Our teachers are dynamic and innovative pedagogues who are committed to urban students and the issues they face every day.
Every New Visions teacher can expect to receive enhanced instructional support, a range of professional development opportunities, the data tools they need to succeed and the opportunity to be part of a passionate team of colleagues.
Advantages of teaching at a New Visions school include:
- Emphasis on knowledge sharing practices, frequent training, and targeted professional development opportunities
- Eligibility to apply for grants and fellowships to support the personal and professional development of exceptional teachers
- Access to leadership development programs and career opportunities from the classroom to school administration to educational reform
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits
Who You Are
You’re a dedicated educator who is committed to serving students from all backgrounds. You approach learning via a growth mindset and have a proven track record of engaging students. You are reflective, seek and effectively apply feedback, and strive to learn from those around you. You make informed decisions about lesson planning based on data and have demonstrated success in tailoring instruction to the needs of diverse learners. You work collaboratively with others to achieve common goals and are passionate about the mission of New Visions.
What You’ll Do
New Visions for Public Schools’ vision for student support services is that all learners have equal access to educational opportunities where barriers to learning are reduced and learner diversity is recognized, supported, and embraced. Students with Disabilities teachers at New Visions schools will:
- Develop accessible curriculum through team co-planning, co-teaching and co-assessing
- Build students’ academic and socio-emotional skills
- Work with students one-on-one or in small groups
- Advocate to ensure that students receive appropriate supports
- Meet with families and the school-based support team
- Create plans for post-high school transition to ensure quality of life after high school
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required; Master’s degree is preferred
- A valid New York State SWD CertificationThere are limited opportunities for qualified teachers who do not possess a NY State certification to work in one of our Charter High Schools
To learn more about NYS Certifications, visit: http://eservices.nysed.gov/teach/certhelp/CertRequirementHelp.do
- Proven track record for planning lessons with clear learning objectives and a means for assessing whether those objectives have been met
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated content knowledge and familiarity with Common Core State Standards
- Demonstrated success in tailoring instruction to the needs of diverse learners
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve common goals
- Experience working with educational technology
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by the employee.