Teacher SPED Teacher – Middle School
St HOPE Leadership Academy is a college-preparatory public charter middle school in Harlem, New York City. The school opened in 2008 and serves students in grades 6 through 8. St HOPE provides a rigorous curriculum, intensive interventions for students performing below grade level, and a defined character development program in a structured and disciplined learning environment. At St HOPE, community service is valued by students, parents and staff. To help meet our students’ diverse learning needs, each core class at St HOPE is taught utilizing a collaborative co-teaching model. St HOPE provides multiple opportunities for leadership at the department and grade level. In addition, St HOPE provides a $2,000 stipend per year to every staff member to explore external opportunities for professional development.
To educate self-motivated, productive, and critically thinking leaders who are prepared to succeed in a college preparatory high school, committed to serving others, and passionate about lifelong learning.
To ensure every St HOPE scholar graduates ready for a life of learning and service, we are seeking a Special Education teacher who has multiple years of teaching experience. We provide differentiated, small group instruction for students with special needs, both inside the classroom and as pull-out.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist colleagues in understanding various student disabilities and the appropriate academic and behavioral modifications
- Prepare student individualized education plans in consultation with staff and families to ensure success for all scholars
- Utilize technology to enable struggling scholars to thrive
- Participate in Support Team meetings to gather information about student progress and assist in developing program recommendations
- Collect, report, and analyze both quantitative and qualitative data about students and refine lesson plans accordingly
- Support a school culture of high academic and behavioral standards and create a supportive and engaging learning environment
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Education preferred
- Special Education NYS teaching certification required; out of state Special Education certification will be considered but must complete the reciprocity process before the start of the school year
- Ability to work as part of a high performing team, including exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Desire to work in an urban middle school, experience in NYC preferred
- Demonstrated belief that all children deserve an excellent education
- Competitive and commensurate with experience, with starting offers up to 15% above DOE salary.
- Full benefits package includes retirement plan with employer match, HRA, FSA, STD, LTD, paid time off, medical, dental and vision coverage as well as paid parental leave.
How to ApplyQualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. St HOPE Leadership Academy (SHLA) is an equal opportunity employer. SHLA does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin.
78 total views, 1 today