This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
29 Apr 2023
Principal or Vice Principal Supervisor of Special Education
Special Education Supervisor
Independence Charter School West (ICS West)
- ICS West exists to equip and empower global citizens, so that our communities are united. Our students are becoming the leaders who will bring a divided world back together, and as a team, it is our responsibility to give them everything they need to do so.
- We believe that every student, with no exception, can achieve at their highest level, and our Big Goal reflects this – our students who are below grade level will make more than one year of growth every school year until they are at or above grade level in all subjects. Right now, many of our students are not at this level. Supporting them in getting there is the focus of everything we do as a team.
- We believe deeply in being an open enrollment, neighborhood public school, with the responsibility to meet the needs of every student who enrolls, with no exception. Special education students currently make up 27% of our student population.
- Finally, we believe that being a cohesive team is the way to realize our vision. Building trust with each other enables us to honor the unique perspectives that every team member brings, talk candidly about these perspectives as we commit to decisions, and hold each other accountable for the results our students deserve.
- ICS West was founded in 2016.
- The school is located at 5600 Chester Avenue in the Kingsessing neighborhood of Southwest Philadelphia.
- We serve approximately 800 students in grades K-8 in the 22-23 school year, and we will grow to our full enrollment of 900 students in the 2023-24 school year.
- All of our students are taught Spanish starting in Kindergarten.
- You will coach and support our Special Education Teachers to ensure that our students meet their IEP goals within the timeline set out in their IEPs.
- You will work with our Director of Student Support and our Principal to continue to develop our curriculum and instruction plan for special education, ensuring that our students with IEPs are given the scaffolding they need to be able to be successful with appropriate grade level content as soon as possible.
- You will work with our Director of Student Support and our Principal to become an expert in coaching and leading professional development that ensures that every student in every special education setting is working and thinking at an appropriately rigorous level, all the time.
- You will partner with our Compliance Manager to ensure compliance with all timelines, meetings, procedures, and documentation; build and cultivate relationships with all outside stakeholders (agencies, districts, PDE, APS); and ensure that we meet not only the requirements, but also the spirit of special education law, meeting the needs of our students and families completely.
Salary, Schedule and Benefits
- This is a 12-month position.
- Your start date will be August 14, 2023, the first day of our two-week summer professional development session.
- Our work day is 8:15am to 4:15pm.
- The salary range for this position depends on experience and certification.
- ICS West pays for 100% of the cost of employee and dependent health benefits, and matches 403b contributions up to 5%. We do not participate in PSERS.
- Requires a Special Education certification and at least one year of relevant experience.
- Send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com, and we will be in touch shortly with next steps.