Teacher Teach in NYC. 1 application, over 40 great schools!
Who We Are
Teachers for NYC Charter Schools is a consortium of non-profit charter schools working to bring great teachers to kids and communities across New York City. We help talented teaching candidates find a school that fits their skills and career goals–and we give them a leg up in the hiring process.
While each consortium member has its own unique focus and culture, we share a belief in the power of great teachers to unlock students’ potential and prepare them to achieve their goals. For us, this makes the most important factor in the success of our students the teacher in their classroom. Teachers for NYC Charter Schools was created by TNTP, a national non-profit with 20 years of experience recruiting great teachers for urban schools.
Who You Are
We are looking for teachers who:
- Know that education equality begins with challenging, engaging instruction. Successful charter school teachers believe every student has the potential to achieve their goals and deserves to be challenged and inspired by high expectations.
- Bring a diversity of backgrounds and life experiences to the classroom. Our experience confirms the research: diversity matters. Students taught by educators with similar life experiences do better academically, emotionally, and socially. We want diverse educators who have a commitment to giving every NYC student a great education.
- Prioritize building deep, authentic relationships with students and families. Consortium schools are community and family-oriented, and they need teachers who approach their work with humility and respect.
- Embrace growth. Our schools offer exceptional professional development and are eager to hire teachers who are open to feedback and willing to collaborate to refine their skills in the classroom.
We’re looking for educators in a variety of subject areas who share our commitment to give all NYC students a challenging and engaging education, regardless of teaching experience or certification.
Benefits of Teachers for NYC Charter Schools
Applying through Teachers for NYC Charter Schools is the best way to find the school community that’s right for you, whether you have teaching experience, are embarking on your first job, or are making a career change and want to teach while working towards your certification.
- Earn a trusted recommendation. Our consortium members prioritize candidates who apply through Teachers for NYC Charter Schools and pass our screening process. Make sure your resume is given the attention it deserves.
- Find the school community that’s right for you. Consortium members have embraced the spirit of innovation, diversity, and choice that has defined the charter school movement. Find the school with a vision, focus, and culture that matches your skills, interests, and career goals.
- Streamline your teacher job search . Apply to all our consortium members with a single application. Teachers for NYC Charter Schools saves you time by connecting you directly with multiple schools seeking great teachers. Then, bypass first-round interviews by participating in a video interview shared with all consortium members.
- Get support throughout the hiring process. From resume advice and pre-interview preparation to regular updates on hiring prospects, you’ll have a point of contact throughout the process to help you maximize your chances of finding a meaningful and rewarding career.
- Make a lasting difference. This is your opportunity to join a vibrant movement to meet NYC children’s social, emotional, and academic needs–and prepare them for success in college and career.
Qualifications and Eligibility
In addition to the above, we are looking for candidates who will be authorized and available to work in New York City as early as summer 2018. For us to review your application, you must:
- Have earned a Bachelor’s degree by July 1, 2018
- Reside in the New York City area by July 1, 2018
How to ApplyHow to Apply To apply for a teaching position through Teachers for NYC Charters, you only need to submit one application. After our thorough screening process, your application will be given priority consideration by hiring managers at all consortium members' schools. Apply by June 4th to get your application in front of hiring managers by mid-June! STEM candidates who apply by May 28th will receive immediate consideration by hiring managers by June 1st! If you are committed to giving students a life-changing education, we want to meet you. Apply today. Teachers for NYC Charter Schools does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law.
110 total views, 1 today