Teacher Teachers – All positions for 2020-2021
KIPP Memphis Collegiate Schools is on the lookout for great Licensed Teachers across all grades and subject areas for the 2020-2021 School Year.
- Please include your preferred grade and subject area in your application and resume.
KIPP Memphis Collegiate Schools (KMCS):
KIPP is a national network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public schools with a track record of preparing students in underserved communities for success in college and in life. There are currently over 200 KIPP schools serving nearly 70,000 students in 20 states and the District of Columbia. KMCS is a part of the national KIPP Network.
The mission of KIPP Memphis is to create high performing schools in the Memphis community that will equip all students with the necessary academic and life skills needed to succeed through college and the competitive world beyond.
Reporting to the School Leader (Principal), KIPP teachers are responsible for delivering effective, high-quality, rigorous instruction in their content areas that produce unmatched results and student understanding. Teachers are also responsible for promoting a college-preparatory culture that assists our students on their journey to and through college. Teachers will perform additional duties, as necessary, to ensure that all KIPP students will learn and contribute to the school’s overall community. Whatever it takes. No excuses.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Plan a program of study and unit/weekly/daily lessons that, aligned with the school’s curriculum and that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and is developmentally appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media consistent with best practices, specific content knowledge, and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved
- Implement, by instruction and action, the region’s philosophy of education, the KMCS curriculum, and instructional goals and objectives
- Utilize diagnostic assessment tools to identify learning strengths and needs of every student, on a regular basis, for the purpose of intervention and/or acceleration toward academic and leadership standards
- Take necessary and reasonable precautions to assure safety in the classroom and the school for all students
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations
- Assist the administrative team in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct
- Make provisions for being available to the students and to the parents for education-related purposes outside of the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms
- Provide time in the evening, by phone, for questions and concerns that students and/or parents may have regarding education-related issues that could not be handled during the school day
- Maintain professional relationships with colleagues
- Actively engage in all professional development opportunities
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- State licensure and certification complete
- Commitment to working with educationally underserved students
- Commitment to the design and development of the school
- At least two years of teaching experience
- Master’s in Education / Teaching / Content area
- Experience/strength in content area/Highly Qualified status
- Experience teaching in an urban school and/or charter network
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.