Teacher Teachers, Elementary Education
Title: Teacher, Elementary Education (K – 6)
Phalen Leadership Academies (PLA) is a growing network of public charter schools in Indianapolis. We employ a “blended” instructional approach, utilizing whole-group, small group, and computer-enabled instruction on award-winning educational software to provide research-based and rigorous instruction in core academic subjects. Our certified teachers and teacher’s assistants lead instruction ultimately, creating a highly personalized learning experience. The PLA model also incorporates other best practices from the nation’s top schools emphasizing social-emotional growth, art and music programs, character education, and college readiness. Check us out at http://www.phalenacademies.org.
The passionate dedication of our teachers is the foundation of our success.
At PLA, we maintain high expectations of teachers and students, and we work together to ensure that all PLA Teachers perform in the capacity of self-contained academic practitioners able to use the Phalen model, which is a blended learning curriculum. PLA Teachers effectively lead lessons and activities for scholars that will support academic skill development and support the core learning objectives. Our expectation is that under the direct teaching and guidance of our PLA Teachers, our scholars:
- Can articulate what they are learning, why it matters to their lives, and how it contributes to college and career readiness
- Assume ownership for routines and procedures in an orderly, efficient, self-directed manner
- Feel emotionally and physically safe and secure in their classroom, and feel empowered to seize academic risks and persist through difficult tasks or texts
- Make genuine connections to prior experience, personal interests or their community context to deepen understanding of the ideas and narratives presented in rich texts
- Strive to achieve personal goals and are motivated to learn and improve, not merely to win prizes or surpass their peers.
- A passion for working with students and families in under-served communities
- High sense of possibility; unwavering commitment that every student receives a quality instruction & achieves at high levels
- Demonstrates a wide range of instructional techniques based on instructional and content based best practices
- Previous experience with blended-learning and/or technology based curriculum preferred
- Effective pedagogical skills that are driven by curriculum standards and data driven assessment; and promote critical thinking, and problem solving
- High proficiency of grade-level standards, benchmarks, and curriculum
- Proficiency in backwards planning and unit design
- Experience informing parents about student progress, providing daily, weekly and quarterly feedback
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university
- Indiana Teachers Certificate or out of state equivalent for appropriate grade level and/or subject area assignment; no license, expired license and/or emergency license does not meet position eligibility
- Experience teaching primary, upper elementary and middle school grade-levels
How to ApplyInterested application may email resume and cover letter at Arlene Hudson, firstname.lastname@example.org
163 total views, 1 today