Teacher Teaching and Leadership Positions at Intrepid College Prep Schools
WHO WE ARE
Intrepid College Prep is a network of free, college preparatory public charter schools located in Antioch, Tennessee. We educate scholars at two campuses: Opportunity Academy Middle School and Independence Academy High School. Our 5-12 model ensures that scholars have the opportunity to engage in a rigorous, college-preparatory education for eight years prior to their transition to college and the professional opportunities that follow. We are an open-enrollment school, which means that our scholars do not have to take an entrance test or pay tuition to enroll.
Intrepid College Prep is committed to ensuring our scholars, educators, and families have the opportunity to unlock an unlimited future. By providing rigorous academic instruction and creating powerful relationships amongst our community’s members, we ignite passion, seek knowledge, and inspire the bravery needed to have a profound impact in our world.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Our lessons engage students in rigorous, grade-level conceptual understandings and critical thinking skills. We offer rigorous learning material in an equitable environment by planning targeted differentiation and thoughtful scaffolds to best meet the needs of our diverse learners. We communicate high expectations to the young minds in our classrooms, and we deeply believe they can meet those academic expectations.
- Internalize, accommodate, and execute our rigorous, college-preparatory curriculum including daily lesson plans, unit plans, and the scope and sequence.
- Collaborate with our Support Teachers to ensure tremendous academic growth for EL students and students with disabilities.
- Utilize structured planning time (minimum of 100 minutes) and professional development opportunities built into the school day to plan the highest quality lessons.
- Engage in a community where teaching is public (i.e. engaging in classroom visits, publication of curriculum, observation and feedback cycles).
- Share teaching strategies, visit peer classrooms, and analyze academic achievement data to develop best practice pedagogy.
- Commit to a school culture of consistency by implementing school-wide systems, structures, and procedures.
- Availability and willingness to participate in after-school programs.
- Availability and willingness to engage in a limited number of optional, evening/weekend student recruitment and community outreach events.
- Other duties as assigned, including bus duty approximately 1 day per month.
WHO YOU ARE
You are MISSION ALIGNED.
You feel a deep sense of conviction around our mission and are motivated to close both the achievement and wealth gaps in Nashville. You deeply believe that every one of our students can reach the college-ready bar.
You are RESULTS DRIVEN.
You do whatever it takes to produce results for our kids. You use data to make decisions about how to adjust your instruction and approach.
You are a STRONG INSTRUCTOR.
You have a deep love of teaching and a passion for your content area, and that passion comes alive in the classroom. You create a safe, motivating, and rigorous classroom environment and deliver strong instruction aligned to the college-ready bar.
You have a GROWTH MINDSET.
You have a reflective spirit and thrive on constructive feedback.
You are TENACIOUS.
You command your classroom, motivate others, and take action in the face of uncertainty.
You are RESILIENT.
You are adaptable, respond positively to challenges, and learn from your missteps.
- Tennessee Certification in the appropriate content area, with a track record of data-driven achievement.
- Holds a B.A./B.S. degree with a minimum G.P.A. of 2.5.
- Minimum of two years teaching experience in an urban public school or charter school setting (preferred, but not required).
- Degree in subject area intended to teach (preferred, but not required).
- Speaks Spanish or has experience working with bilingual students (preferred, but not required).
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
Intrepid College Prep is an equal opportunity employer. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
COMPENSATION + BENEFITS
We offer a generous compensation package, including full health benefits. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated work space, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies. Compensation is highly competitive; teachers are eligible to participate in the MNPS Retirement System.