Teacher Teaching Fellow, Promise Academy
When students enter HCZ Promise Academy Charter Schools, we make a promise to help each and every one get to and through college. Everything we give our students—from world-class instruction and exceptional extracurricular activities to social emotional support and healthy meals—is aimed at fulfilling that promise. Our schools have a longer school day and year, helping us keep our kids safe and engaged, ensure their success in core subject areas, and give them an immersive, well-balanced education that includes exposure to the arts, daily physical activity, and field trips to museums, performances, sporting events and, of course, college campuses.
In addition, our Promise curriculum includes grade-appropriate character education, helping students at every level build crucial non-cognitive skills such as resilience, grit, and curiosity. We also provide on-site medical, dental, and psychological services, as well as a healthy, freshly made breakfast, lunch and snack each day. Plus, the vast majority of our students participate in our after-school programs, where they receive extensive academic support and engage in a wide range of recreation and enrichment activities.
We are seeking a Teaching Fellow. As a Teaching Fellow, you will be paired with an experienced teacher, and receive professional development from academic coaches, while enhancing your teaching skills and building meaningful relationships with students and families.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with Lead Teacher on lesson planning and delivery of instruction
- Assist students individually and in small groups to help them reinforce and master learning concepts
- Monitor student engagement during lessons and apply refocusing strategies as needed
- Incorporate direct instruction, discussion, projects and cooperative work to engage students, keep classes focused and infuse a lasting desire to learn
- Follow the school’s policies and procedures for student conduct and discipline
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, and colleagues
- Share responsibility for grade level and school-wide activities
- Opportunity to work Saturdays during test prep season – additional compensation is provided
Qualification, Skill and Knowledge Requirements
- A dedication and commitment to the mission of HCZ Promise Academy
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Working towards a Master’s degree and New York State certification required
- Open to feedback
- Exercises perseverance and grit
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
We offer competitive salaries with performance-based bonuses, and comprehensive benefits package.
How to ApplyTo be considered, interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume HERE. No telephone inquiries or recruiters please. Replies will only be sent to qualified applicants. HCZ is an EOE.
293 total views, 2 today