Teacher Teaching Positions (Math, ELA, Science, Social Studies, Special Education)
School in the Square, an independent charter school in Washington Heights, integrates the core values of democratic living with best practice teaching and learning, ensuring that each child and educator feels known, heard, and safe as well as challenged, supported, and engaged. We are hiring our third cohort of teachers as we welcome a new grade, bringing us to 300 students, grades 6-8.
We’re hiring. We are as committed to adult learning as we are to student learning and are searching for experienced, knowledgeable, reflective and passionate teachers who want to help us build an engaging learning community that respects adolescents.
- Values relationships first with an emphasis on social and emotional learning with high academic expectations
- Empowers teachers and provides the resources to insure student growth
- Measures student growth using multiple assessment tools, including but not limited to test scores
- Provides strong support for educators through ongoing feedback, professional development, planning time and celebration
- Values strong relationships with families
- Respect children and are committed to working towards equity for all
- Want to join a vibrant learning community
- Cultivate collegial relationships through open dialogue, collaboration and sharing of effective practices
- Are open to co-teaching with colleagues or apprentice teachers
- Are open to learning from inevitable mistakes and value honest feedback
- Use data to inform instruction and meet the needs of all learners
Visit our jobs board to see our open positions for the 2018-19 school year.
- Prior experience and success in teaching middle school students
- New York State Teaching Certification in English Language Arts
- Professional portfolio or collection of work that shows evidence of developing engaging and innovative lessons including standards and effective use of assessments to inform instruction
- Capacity to be self-reflective, accept and implement feedback to improve instruction
- Eager to collaborate, share resources and learn from colleagues
- Enjoyment of teaching and coaching adolescents in both academic and non-instructional situations, respecting and encouraging student efforts
- Participation in ongoing professional learning
- A Master’s degree in Education or relevant content area preferred
- Ability to commit to planning sessions and orientation in Summer 2018
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Full benefits package including health and extremely competitive 401K
How to ApplyApply Now!
42 total views, 7 today