Technology Technology Assistant
Wissahickon Charter School is looking for one Technology Assistant for each of our school sites, Fernhill and Awbury. The Technology Assistants will be responsible for supporting the Technology Director and Technology Manager in providing consistent delivery of information systems to students and staff and responding to all technology needs in a timely, customer-friendly manner. The Technology Assistant will also be responsible for teaching daily classes on typing and technology throughout the school year. This is a 12-month position that reports to the IT Director/Manager, and will also interface regularly with school leadership and the front office administrative staff.
- Teach typing and technology classes to students in 3rd through 6th grade
- Provide technical support to students, families, and staff. Supported products include PowerSchool, Apple, Google Workspace, Chrome OS, Securly, Zendesk, Microsoft Office, RUVNA, various web-based applications, and a growing suite of other applications
- Assist with workstation administration and management set-up, configuration, and support of workstation hardware and software. Common tasks include operating system installation, configuration and upgrades, application installation and configuration, hardware upgrades, and hardware/software troubleshooting
- Rollout, implementation, and support of new technologies on an ongoing basis
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Passionate about teaching 3rd-6th grade students; classroom teaching experience a plus
- 2 to 5 years experience providing technical support in an education/business environment
- Ability to communicate with users effectively and display good interpersonal skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with the ability to diagnose and research solutions
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks
- Ability to work with other technical personnel for collaborative problem solving
- A desire to teach, and ability to implement strong classroom management and engaging lessons
- Flexible and able to adjust priorities and strategies in order to meet the changing needs of the team and of students
- High level of personal organization, planning, and follow-through and comfort with autonomy
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with students, families, supervisors and colleagues
- Receptiveness to feedback, positive attitude, and a desire to continuously improve
- PA Criminal Record Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance, FBI clearance and proof of a negative TB test
- Willing and able to comply with all of WCS’ COVID-19 safety protocols
- Belief in Wissahickon Charter Schools’ mission and the belief that all children can learn and succeed
About Wissahickon Charter School
Wissahickon Charter School’s first and current campus, Fernhill, opened in 2002 and serves 452 K-8 students from across Philadelphia. Our second K-8 campus, Awbury, will open in fall 2014. The mission of Wissahickon Charter School (WCS) is to provide a community of learning that stimulates and builds the child’s intellectual, social, and character development. Wissahickon Charter Schools are planned around three essential elements: an environmental focus that allows students to experience the curriculum, recognition of service learning projects as key in students’ success, and an emphasis on parents as partners in the learning experiences of their children.
How to Apply
To be considered, visit our website at http://wissahickoncharter.org/join-our-team and click on the Apply Now button.
Wissahickon Charter School is committed to hiring a diverse staff and encourages those from traditionally under-represented backgrounds to apply. Wissahickon Charter School does not discriminate in hiring or employment, or in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, or other programs.