Technology Technology Support Coordinator
The mission of Cardinal McCloskey Community Charter School is to address the academic, social-emotional and developmental needs of its students in a safe, supportive and trauma-sensitive learning environment. Cardinal McCloskey Community Charter School is committed to serving at-risk students, including students in foster care and students receiving preventive services. Through a rigorous program of instruction utilizing a trauma-informed, Sanctuary approach and by providing a wide range of wraparound support services, Cardinal McCloskey Community Charter School will help each student become more resilient, independent and academically successful.
During its first five-year contract, CMCCS will serve K-5th grade students, and thereafter, will expand through 8th grade. CMCCS will be a separate 501c3 education corporation, which will work closely with Cardinal McCloskey Community Services. The school will open in August 2018.
Cardinal McCloskey Community Charter School is committed to the Sanctuary Model, a comprehensive trauma-informed method for creating change and helping individuals heal from traumatic experiences. It is a whole system approach built around the framework of SELF (Safety, Emotional Management, Loss, and Future). It is designed to facilitate the development of structures, processes, and behaviors on the part of staff, children and the community as a whole that can counteract the physical and psychological wounds suffered by the children, youth, and families we work with. The ultimate outcome of a trauma informed philosophy is the creation of safe, therapeutic living and working environments for our students, families, agency members and ancillary providers, which espouse the proactive principles of growth, change, and empowerment of the individual for the betterment of the community. Each employee across our family of agencies has the responsibility to demonstrate the tenets of the Sanctuary Model in their work with students and in their interaction with other team members. Demonstrating these tenets is considered an essential responsibility for all staff in all positions across our school and family of agencies.
Technology Support Coordinator
The Technology Support Coordinator will work closely with instructional, administrative and operations staff and will be responsible for the development and implementation of technology based tools, resources and services that enhance the educational and instructional experiences. S/He will report to Director of Operations
- Provide maintenance of hardware and software of all computer systems infrastructure
- Inclusive of server configurations and maintenance, software installation and upgrades
- Copy, printer and fax machines
- Maintain wireless and LAN connectivity for all users
- Develop and maintain a system for technology equipment checkouts
- Provide troubleshoot support for all technical related issues. Track and escalate issues as appropriate
- Develop systems to assist in the implementation of technology based tools in the classroom
- Assist with professional development classes for teachers and students on technology based tools
- Set up equipment for presentations. Track equipment inventory
- Support technology implementation in classrooms and labs (computers and Smart Boards)
- Manage and liaison all responsibilities related to phone systems and internet connectivity with vendors
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the education sector
- Strong knowledge of Mac and Windows based desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and server hardware
- Apple Certification is preferred
- Knowledge of SMART Board, or similar technology, set up and usage, SMART certified trainer (SCT) preferred
- Willingness to learn and support all site technology user agreements
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Understand and support the schools educational technology goals
In addition to the above requirements, incumbent must:
- Complete Sanctuary training in a timely manner;
CMCCS is committed to the practice of trauma-informed care in accordance with the tenets of the Sanctuary Model ® through utilizing the SELF-framework for Sanctuary practice and promulgating ongoing Sanctuary professional development for trauma-informed classrooms.
How to ApplyPlease send your resume to KWilson@cmcs.org.
217 total views, 1 today