Instructional Support Temporary Leave Substitute Teacher
Temporary Leave Substitute
Inwood Academy for Leadership Charter School is a tuition-free public charter school that began as an idea among community members who longed to see more educational choices offered to the children of Washington Heights and Inwood.
All staff must be willing to commit to our mission: Inwood Academy for Leadership Charter School will empower students in Inwood and Washington Heights to become agents for change through community focused leadership, character development and college preparedness. Our staff regard our student leaders as burgeoning assets to their community and help them develop the tools they need to be successful in college and beyond.
About This Position – the position is a great opportunity for recent college graduates who are interested in a career in education, but do not have prior teaching experience or New York state certification. We offer Passion for education and a dedication to Inwood Academy for Leadership mission. Steadfast belief that all students can achieve at the highest academic levels and deserve an opportunity to succeed in the college and career of their choice. Bachelor’s degree required.
Mindsets and Experience Professional demeanor and excellent organizational skills. Self-reflective and open to regular feedback. An entrepreneurial spirit, embracing the opportunity for creativity and hard work. A positive, solution-oriented attitude and drive for excellence. Willingness to be a team player.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assume a high level of personal responsibility for the progress of all students
- Create academically rigorous lesson plans, materials, and assessments, and differentiate as needed
- Teach engaging, rigorous, and relevant lessons daily
- Commit to a school culture of consistency by implementing school-wide systems, structures, and procedures
- Reflect on various data sources to improve your practice
- Take on a proactive role in creating a positive, structured, results-oriented and fun school culture
- Responsible for teaching assigned students and classes in specific department
- Engage assigned students in active learning
- Work collaboratively with other staff and teachers daily
- Enforce and uphold school policies and culture
- Communicate effectively and maintain consistent relationships with students, colleagues and families
- Supervise students during transitions in the hallway, during arrival and dismissal
- Other special projects and assignments as designated by School Principal
- Uphold the mission and vision of Inwood Academy for Leadership Charter School in daily decisions
IAL offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental and vision insurance, a 403B retirement plan with 5% match. In addition to extensive professional development, our teachers are equipped with all necessary instructional supplies and technology.
Apply online via the Join Our Team page at www.inwoodacademy.org.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire and promote without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
How to ApplyTo Apply Apply online via the Join Our Team page at www.inwoodacademy.org.
554 total views, 2 today