Teacher Third, Fourth & Fifth Grade Long Term Substitute Classroom Teacher
Long-Term Substitute Classroom Teaching Opportunity at the Stanley British Primary School
Opening: Third, Fourth & Fifth Grade Long Term Substitute Classroom Teacher
Full-time position to begin in the beginning of December or January
About Stanley BPS: For over 40 years, Stanley classrooms have been filled with engaged learners guided by inspired teachers. We carefully blend an academic program grounded in a whole-child approach with an attention to each child’s social/emotional development. Our British Primary philosophy promotes the simple notion that when students enjoy what they’re doing and take an active role in their education, learning truly becomes a joy and a lifelong endeavor. SBPS is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive school community. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Inspiring and educating children to develop to their full potential – socially, emotionally, intellectually, physically, and creatively
- Creating a safe, supportive, mutually respectful classroom community that values the distinct contributions and abilities of each child
- Implementing integrated, meaningful, developmentally-appropriate curricula in which students can explore and experiment through first-hand experiences
- Creating opportunities for students to know themselves, to make good choices, and take responsibility for their learning and actions
- Communicating and collaborating with parents and actively involving them in the life of the classroom and of the school
- Communicating and collaborating positively and professionally with the Stanley staff and community
- Collaborating with co-teacher to develop curriculum, support children, communicate with families, and create an inclusive learning environment
- Actively engaging in ongoing professional development
Desired Qualifications and Background Experience:
- Experience teaching 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a core value in the classroom and within the school community
- Commitment to social-emotional learning, inquiry-based learning, and a student-centered classroom
- Prior experience working in an independent school with a progressive educational philosophy is a significant plus.
- An inclusive and diverse community
- Lifelong learning
- Positive and constructive communication
- Creativity, flexibility, and resourcefulness
- An understanding of children and childhood
- Commitment to making a positive difference in the world
Stanley British Primary welcomes diverse applicants. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Stanley BPS is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of Stanley BPS, including admissions, employment, and access to services and programs.