Teacher Third, Fourth & Fifth Grade Multi-Age Classroom Teacher
Third, Fourth & Fifth Grade Multi-Age Classroom Teacher
Full-time position to begin August 2023
Stanley British Primary School, located in Denver’s Lowry neighborhood, is a progressive independent school serving 470 children from transitional kindergarten through 8th grade. For 50 years, Stanley classrooms have been filled with engaged learners guided by inspired teachers. At Stanley, a child’s education goes well beyond academics – our teachers and our instruction principles give children the opportunity to reach their full potential academically, creatively, socially, emotionally and physically. We asked parents, teachers, staff and students to reflect on why they chose Stanley BPS. The answers we heard reflect a place and a philosophy unlike any other in the Denver independent school landscape. Teaching and learning at Stanley goes beyond a simple education. Students here have a chance to play, to choose, to interact and to own and embrace their own learning.
- An inclusive and diverse community
- Lifelong learning
- Positive and constructive communication
- Creativity, flexibility, and resourcefulness
- An understanding of children and childhood
- Commitment to making a positive difference in the world
- Inspiring and educating children to develop to their full potential – socially, emotionally, intellectually, physically, and creatively
- Creating a safe, supportive, mutually respectful classroom community that values the distinct contributions and abilities of each child
- Implementing integrated, meaningful, developmentally-appropriate curricula in which students can explore and experiment through first-hand experiences
- Creating opportunities for students to know themselves, to make good choices, and take responsibility for their learning and actions
- Communicating and collaborating with parents and actively involving them in the life of the classroom and of the school
- Communicating and collaborating positively and professionally with the Stanley staff and community
- Collaborating with co-teacher to develop curriculum, support children, communicate with families, and create an inclusive learning environment
- Actively engaging in ongoing professional development
Desired Qualifications and Background Experience
- Masters’ Degree in Education is preferred
- At least two years’ experience teaching 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Experience and commitment to social emotional, inquiry based and student centered learning
- Prior experience working in an independent school with a progressive educational philosophy is a significant plus.
Salary and Benefits
Salary range is $49,860- $75,000 based on experience and education
The salary range listed is just one component of Stanley’s total compensation for employees. Stanley provides excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, retirement, paid time off in addition to paid fall, holiday and spring breaks, paid parental leave, tuition remission and professional development.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Stanley BPS is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of Stanley BPS, including admissions, employment, and access to services and programs.