Teacher U.S. History Teacher – Middle School
St HOPE Leadership Academy is a college-preparatory public charter middle school in Harlem, New York City. Our school opened in 2008 and serves students in grades 6 through 8. St HOPE provides a rigorous curriculum, intensive interventions for students performing below grade level, and a defined character development program in a structured and disciplined learning environment. At St HOPE, community service is valued by students, parents and staff. To help meet our students’ diverse learning needs, each core class at St HOPE is collaboratively co-taught. St HOPE offers several opportunities for leadership at the department and grade level. Additionally, St HOPE provides a $2,000 annual stipend to every staff member to explore external opportunities for professional development.
Our mission is to educate self-motivated, productive, and critically thinking leaders who are prepared to succeed in a college preparatory high school, committed to serving others, and passionate about lifelong learning.
We are seeking a U.S. History teacher who is passionate about students and American History. Our classrooms have two co-teachers who collaborate in a supportive environment that allows for small group work and differentiation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all lesson plans, assignments, assessments, and other instructional materials and methods of teaching in your classroom
- Collect, report, and analyze quantitative and qualitative data about students and refine instruction accordingly
- Support a school culture of high academic and behavioral standards and create a supportive and engaging learning environment
- Work with students to complete a historical research paper by the end of the school year
- Social Sciences Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Education preferred
- NYS teaching certification or eligibility to be certified
- Special Education certification is a plus
- Ability to work as part of a high performing team, including exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Desire to work in an urban middle school, experience in NYC preferred
- Demonstrated belief that all children deserve an excellent education
- Competitive and commensurate with experience, with starting offers up to 15% above DOE salary.
- Full benefits package includes retirement plan with employer match, HRA, FSA, STD, LTD, paid time off, medical, dental and vision coverage as well as paid parental leave.
How to ApplyQualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. St HOPE Leadership Academy (SHLA) is an equal opportunity employer. SHLA does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
225 total views, 1 today