Teacher Various Positions Available
The Bronx Charter School for Better Learning provides its students with a solid foundation for academic success, through achievement that exceeds citywide averages and meets or exceeds New York State Standards and national norms in all curriculum areas tested, especially in mathematics and language arts. Our teaching constantly adjusts to the needs of our students, leading to independence, autonomy, responsibility and a sustained love of learning, all of which contribute directly to high academic achievement.
Positions Still Available Now:
Special Education Teacher
Social Studies Teacher
Math TeacherArt Teacher
Physical Education Teacher
Positions Available for the 2018-2019 School Year:
*All teaching candidates must hold NYS certification.
• Founded in 2003• 2 Schools: BBL 1 and BBL 2 (Founded in 2015)
• School Day: 8:00am—3:00pm
• 80% low-income (free/reduced lunch)
• 91% Black, 7% Hispanic, 2% Asian
• 85-90% first generation, primarily from Jamaica and Africa
• Services provided: Counseling, Speech, ESL, Special Ed., Academic Support Services
• Specials: Art, Music, Technology, Korean, Phys. Education
• Enrichment: Chess, Basketball, Tennis, Chorus, Culinary Arts, Drama, Dance, Science Club, Keyboarding, Archery.
WHAT MAKES BBL UNIQUE?
• Our students outperform all other school groups on state tests.
• Last year we received over 2300 new student applications for 121 open seats.
• Student retention rate is 95%
• Parent satisfaction rate is 97%
• Teacher satisfaction rate is 94%
For more information visit us at www.bronxbetterlearning.org
How to ApplyAll interested candidates must send resume and cover letter to Executive Director, Dr. Brennan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
512 total views, 1 today