This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
16 May 2022
Teacher 9-12 Special Education Teacher
Compensation (Salary + …):
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Employee Bonus Program
- Employee Access to Fitness Facilities, Pool, Disc Golf Course/Hiking Trails
- Quality preparation in the areas of physical, social, academic and emotional needs for students with mild to moderate disabilities;
- Background in functional behavior assessment and positive behavior support planning;
- Colorado Teaching License with appropriate endorsement;
- Expertise in the areas of behavior management and effective instructional programming with the ability to provide individualized programming for students with mild physical, social and emotional needs;
- Ability to write standards-based Individual Educational Plan in compliance with IDEA regulations;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with students, parents, staff and administration;
- First Aid and CPR Certificate or ability to obtain one.
- Clear Electronic Background Check and CBI report.
- Develop a program to meet the needs of students with mild to moderate physical, social, and emotional needs;
- May require some lifting and transferring of students in wheel chairs. Applicants must have the ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Provision of services in compliance with the Individual Educational Support Plan;
- Coordination of services as case manager for assigned students;
- Chair IEP reviews;
- Provide direct academic services to students with severe physical, social and emotional needs in the core content areas;
- Develop effective behavioral interventions, modifications and accommodations for students with mild to moderate physical, social and emotional needs;
- Assess student needs and progress; diagnose and remedial deficiencies;
- Collaborate with parents and staff to develop effective programming;
- Other duties as described in Classroom Teacher job description.