Operations Academy Director
The mission of the Colorado Homebuilding Academy is to create a hands-on homebuilding experience to secondary and post-secondary students which will enrich and expand Denver’s skilled homebuilding workforce. The position is full-time, exempt.
The Director provides strategic leadership and guidance to the Academy, forges deep, collaborative relationships with community partners, ensures financial stability, and implements innovative experiential educational strategies which create a pipeline of skilled labor into the local industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, execute and supervise the overall operations and activities of the Academy.
- Work with the Advisory Board to develop long-term solutions for the skilled labor shortage in the homebuilding industry.
- Oversee, manage and direct instructors, partners, internal staff and/or consultants.
- Review, negotiate and approve contracts and purchases.
- Work with financial staff, prepare and/or approve the annual budget, and accept final authority for finance, accounting, and financial reporting for the organization.
- Manage outreach, marketing and branding for the Academy.
- Schedule classes to optimize the instructional space and student outcomes.
- Grant writing and fundraising.
- Special projects as needed.
- Maintains compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Proven track record in management.
- Ten years of professional experience in the homebuilding industry is desired.
- Experience in workforce development programs.
- Experience with secondary and post-secondary education.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, a Master’s degree is preferred, in business, construction management non-profit management or education.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders in diverse communities.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred.
How to ApplyTo Apply: Please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails without resumes attached will not be accepted.
408 total views, 14 today