Instructional Support Amplify Science Trainer
Amplify is reimagining the way teachers teach and students learn. We believe technology can empower classroom teachers to offer more personalized instruction, and accelerate the potential of individual students to become more active, engaged learners. Come and work with us!
In partnership with the Lawrence Hall of Science (University of California, Berkeley), Amplify Science was created as a brand new, research-driven, digitally enhanced curriculum for Grades K–8 that comprehensively addresses the vision described in the NRC Framework for K–12 Science Education, including the three dimensions of the Next Generation Science Standards.
Students inhabit the role of scientists and engineers throughout each unit.
Through rich, multi-modal experiences and authentic problem-solving, Amplify Science will help teachers develop the next generation of students to be critical scientists and thoughtful citizens.
If you love to teach students the power of scientific inquiry, and you get excited about the intersection of technology in the classroom, then consider applying to be an Amplify Science Teacher Trainer.
Our professional learning specialists deliver experiences and workshops that assist districts, schools, and teachers in planning for and implementing high-quality science instruction aligned to the Next Generation Science Standards as well as Florida’s Next Generation Sunshine State Standards.
Your job will be to train and coach teachers who are using the Amplify Science products in their classrooms. Your goal will be to help them make the Amplify Science Implementation a success in their classrooms inspiring high engagement and significant student learning.
We are looking for people who enjoy connecting with adult learners and care about impactful education; who can travel and are flexible with their time; who can handle multiple projects/schools; have a great sense of humor; and are team players.
Responsibilities of the Amplify Science Trainer:
- Travel to schools regularly to deliver services and build strong relationships
- Work with teachers/admins to integrate the Science curriculum with school/ district curriculum objectives
- Facilitate workshops for groups of up to 30 teachers
- Conduct coaching sessions (in-person and remote) for up to 15 teachers
- Provide support to individual classroom teachers by modeling, co-teaching, observing, and providing feedback.
- Discuss student work and analyze data to drive student achievement
- Model targeted written feedback and formative assessment with teachers and administrators.
- Coach school leadership teams to provide support for teachers
- Maintaining current information regarding status of a school’s implementation for internal and external reporting
- Write, review and create professional development and teacher materials
- Participate in team meetings and internal trainings
- Travel required
- 3+ years of K-8 classroom Science teaching experience
- Experience delivering professional development for teachers
- Passionate about Science instruction
- Understanding and compassion for the role of the teachers and their comfort with technology
- Strong interpersonal and mentoring skills
- Ability to manage own time and juggle multiple projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Masters of Education degree
- Proven knowledge of current Science instruction and NGSS Standards
- Instructional leadership experience
- Experience analyzing data and using it to inform practice
- Coaching or mentoring experience
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
How to ApplyPlease visit the Amplify Science Teacher page to apply. Or visit the Amplify careers page to search other opportunities and to learn what it's like to work with us. To find out more about Amplify and the work we do, please visit us at Amplify.com.
272 total views, 1 today