Principal or Vice Principal Assistant Principal, 2017-18
Who We Are
RePublic Schools is a network of high-performing public charter schools based in Nashville, TN and Jackson, MS with a mission to reimagine public education in the South and prepare all of our scholars to graduate from college. In addition to providing a world-class traditional academic curriculum, we empower our students to be change-makers by teaching them to code – starting in the 5th grade.
Despite the fact that our scholars come from traditionally underserved communities (approximately 85% identify as low-income, and nearly 95% as students of color), we have seen them defy the odds to achieve outstanding results. RePublic’s schools have scored in the top 5% of all open-enrollment public schools across the state of Tennessee for both student growth and absolute achievement – making ours the first (and only) charter schools in state history to achieve this dual distinction.
At RePublic, we cultivate a cohesive community of families, staff, and scholars committed to doing whatever it takes to ensure our scholars succeed. We are looking for an ambitious, determined Assistant Principal in Nashville, TN for the 2017-18 school year in one of RePublic’s flagship middle schools. Candidates must share our unwavering belief that all children can achieve at high levels and change the world. Sound like you?
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the Principal, RePublic’s Assistant Principal will manage, coach and develop our talented team of lower middle school teachers across content areas to achieve extraordinary results for our scholars. Although his or her primary responsibilities are to ensure the highest levels of instructional quality, the Assistant Principal will have broad responsibility for the healthy operation of the school as a whole.
- Serve as the second-in-command to the Principal and take ownership for the overall success of all scholars and teachers in the 5th and 6th grade across all subject areas.
- Develop strong relationships with parents and students, creating investment in school culture and academics.
- Continually improve the practice of Middle School teachers at the school through the RePublic teacher improvement cycle, daily observation, in-the-moment and written feedback, curriculum planning sessions, data meetings, and formal professional development.
- Ensure strong teacher execution of high quality curricula, including unit plans, lesson plans and assessments aligned to Common Core standards.
- Create and lead professional development sessions at the school (and potentially network level) on curriculum and pedagogy for leaders and teachers.
- Create and execute systems to ensure teachers drive academic outcomes by analyzing student work and studying data, and implementing high leverage instructional moves to ensure dramatic gains for all students
Who You Are
Our ideal Assistant Principal will have an unwavering belief that our students can achieve at an exceptionally high level. Beyond that, a successful candidate will have:
- At least 2 years teaching experience preferred with demonstrated track record of high student achievement;
- A proven record of successfully leading projects, taking on increased responsibility and inspiring teams at work and in the community;
- A high level of organization and resourcefulness, with a keen ability to be on top of the day-to-day management of a school;
- A strong ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize effectively, and delegate swiftly to manage others to execution;
- Long-term aspirations to become a principal;
- A proven ability to coach adults towards exceptional instructional outcomes;
- A demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly, succinctly and persuasively such that expectations are clear, timelines are delineated, and excellence is defined;
- An ability to solve complex problems analytically and enthusiastically;
- A bachelor’s degree with a preference for a graduate degree in a related field; and
- Passionate belief in RePublic’s mission, values, and educational model.
Salary is competitive and commensurate based on experience. Compensation at RePublic includes a comprehensive benefits package.
How to Apply
- Submit your resume and an optional cover letter online: http://grnh.se/of41271
- Questions? We’re happy to chat. Contact us: email@example.com.
261 total views, 1 today