This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
5 Jun 2017
Principal or Vice Principal Assistant Principal – CRES
Crystal River Elementary School (CRES), in Carbondale Colorado, is seeking applications for a dynamic, knowledgeable, innovative, and personable educator to serve as assistant principal in order to ensure that every student develops the enduring knowledge, skills and character to thrive in a changing world.
CRES serves a diverse and multilingual student population of 450 PreK- 4th grade students. Teachers at CRES work closely and collaboratively with their team to develop and implement RFSD instructional model, and are supported through ongoing coaching cycles to help the continuous improvement of their craft. CRES seeks a positive and proactive individual who strives to bring their knowledge, skills, and experience to support teachers and ultimately build strong relationships with parents, students, and colleagues and embraces the mission and vision of our school.
CRES’s mission is to challenge and inspire all students to develop character skills, reach their academic potential, and become global citizens. Come and help us live by our mission!
The ideal candidate must show competency or have experience in the following areas:
- Elementary teaching experience in a diverse environment
- Strong understanding of and experience in closing the achievement gap
- Student ownership of academic learning and character development
- Ability to identify and promote effective instructional practices
- Ability to effectively coach teachers to improve instructional outcomes
- Ability to lead high quality professional development
- Ability to facilitate weekly data meetings and utilize data to make decisions
- Experience designing and delivering project-based learning (PBL) units of study
- Experience with culturally responsive instructional practices related to culturally and linguistically diverse students
- Demonstrated effectiveness as both a team leader and team member
- Ability to create trust and work collaboratively with a wide range of people
- Effective student success processes, including RtI, MTSS and advisory crews
- Strong writing and public speaking skills; bilingual preferred
- Master’s Degree in Education from an accredited college or university
- Ability to obtain a principal’s license through the Colorado Department of Education
Please apply by June 16, 2017. Position starts August 8, 2017.
How to Applyhttps://roaringfork.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=3670
380 total views, 1 today