Principal or Vice Principal ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL – HIGH SCHOOL
In order to apply for this position, you must first apply and screen into the Highly Qualified Assistant Principal Pool (Job ID 17206). If you have not completed this process your application will automatically be screened out when you apply.
EAST HIGH SCHOOL
Traditional 212 work days – Admin/Protech/Admin Interns
*Assistant Principal/Athletic Director
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL/Athletic director East High School; Denver public schools
Denver Public Schools is seeking exceptional school leaders who live by our Shared Core Values (Students First, Integrity, Equity, Collaboration, Accountability, and Fun) and exhibit key leadership expectations in the following areas: Culture and Equity, Instructional, Strategic, Human Resource, Organizational, and Community. Effective school leaders in every school are critical to successfully meet our mission to provide all students the opportunity to achieve the knowledge and skills necessary to become contributing citizens in our diverse society.
To learn more about our application process you can visit our assistant principal careers website (open in new tab): http://careers.dpsk12.org/apply-now/assistant-principal-application-process/
Denver Public Schools is an innovative, forward-thinking, dynamic urban education district, frequently acknowledged for pursuing innovative ways to drive student performance and close the achievement gap. We have been recognized as one of the top cities in the country for cultivating a healthy environment for school reform to flourish. We are the fastest growing large urban school district in the country and our state assessment scores have grown by double-digits during the last several years. To continue making such strides, we are committed to ensuring that we have the right leaders in the right schools to drive student performance and our vision that Every Child Succeeds.
Our School Leadership Framework
At DPS, we’ve developed a School Leadership Framework that details the expectations required for all of our school leaders. The framework and the behaviors associated with each competency are available on the Lead in Denver website: http://careers.dpsk12.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Comm_11x17LeadBooklet-Web.pdf
Master’s Degree and previous leadership experience preferred. A current, valid State of Colorado Principal License (professional or provisional) in place by the time the position starts. Alternative licensure is an option for candidates with demonstrated school leadership experience who require licensure and additional coursework.
The purpose of the AP/Athletic Director position at East High School is to increase the engagement of all students, and especially scholar-athletes, in highly rigorous coursework that propels through a successful learning experience in high schools and successful post-secondary, career and life experiences.
The East High School AP/Athletic Director will lead in the following priority areas for our students and for our community:
- Increase the academic achievement and post-secondary outcomes for all students and especially student-athletes
- Ensure the engagement of at least 90% of our students in athletics and/or other extra-curricular activities
- Ensure the successful engagement of scholar-athletes in appropriate levels of academic support programming, AP preparation experiences and highly rigorous AP, Concurrent Enrollment and Career Technical Education learning experiences
- Ensure the implementation of a positive and disciplined, values-based athletic program aligning with the high expectations for behaviour, academic success and community engagement that we have for every student
- Provide for the marketing, publicity, and communications related to extra-curricular, athletic and academic-oriented programming furthering the engagement of all students in the school experience
- Engage a highly disciplined and highly accountable program ensuring the academic eligibility of athletes and engaging the leadership to ensure absolute adherence to school, district and state-level standards related to eligibility
- Ensure responsibility for the creation and submittal of all academic eligibility paperwork
- Provide for the recruitment, selection, development and retention related to coaches and all support personnel associated with athletic and activities. Positions supervised and evaluated by this role include, but are not limited to: identified classroom teachers, activities personnel, coaches, assistant coaches, trainers, classified staff, and volunteers associated with athletic and related academic programming.
- Provide for all documentation related to the implementation of athletic, extra-curricular and associated academic programming
- Responsible for the implementation of all school, district, and state-level requirements, rules and by-laws associated with academic, extra-curricular and associated academic programming
- Develop and implement all game schedules and be accountable for the full implementation of game schedules, official schedules, and related activities, including the securing of game/activity sites, transportation, and supervision
- Responsible for and maintains files of all related consent forms, physical exam forms, parent contact and emergency information, pertinent insurance information, and other records, for each athlete
- Responsible for the engagement of a positive and intentional culture for all athletics, extra-curricular and associated academic program and for all behavioural and discipline-oriented interests related to these endeavors
- Partner with the school administrative leadership team in the general leadership of the school and works with all employees supervised by this role to ensure the implementation of a highly functioning athletics, extra-curricular and related academic program
- Serves as liaison engage in a supervisory capacity with all parent advocacy and volunteer groups related to the responsibilities of this role
- Provide for the overall supervision of every aspect of the athletic, co-curricular, activities and associated academic programming at East High School
- Perform other duties as assigned
Salary Range: Commensurate with education and experience, with the ability to earn additional compensation based on working in a Hard to Serve School, Top Performing School, a High Growth School, or meeting the Unified Improvement Plan.
Application Due Date: Rolling. Successful applicants who are entered into the process at an earlier time are able to consider more positions
Position Start Date: Dependent upon school-specific openings
Reports To: Principal
An administrator’s license is not required to apply
The following items must be attached to your application in order to be considered.
* One letter of reference
* Cover letter that answers the following questions:
- Why do you want to be a school leader in DPS and the Assistant Principal/Athletic Director at East High School?
- What has been your record of student academic achievement? (please give measurable outcomes)
- What experience have you had influencing adults to achieve significant results for students? (Including but not limited to coaching, mentoring, providing feedback, etc.)
- What is your experience working with diverse student populations? (including but not limited to race, ethnicity, socio-economic)
- What is your experience teaching or leading second language learners?
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of 185 schools, including traditional,
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to ApplyIn order to apply for this position, you must first apply and screen into the Highly Qualified Assistant Principal Pool (Job ID 17206). If you have not completed this process your application will automatically be screened out when you apply. http://tinyurl.com/ycon8fc9
622 total views, 2 today