Operations Business Manager
Who are we?
The CUBE is a high school opening in August 2019 serving an intentionally diverse student body. We will open with a ninth grade and build out, one grade per year, to a full 9-12 high school. We teach most of our courses as topic-based, six-week, co-taught, interdisciplinary classes. Our innovative teaching method prepares learners to achieve at the highest academic levels, while also learning to think deeply, solve challenges, and practice creativity with compassion and empathy. When students graduate from our school, they not only have a solid foundation of knowledge, they also have the hands-on skills and the ability to convey their learning that will allow them to excel in their future.
The success of this model depends on passionate teachers who love working with kids. We aim to teach knowledge and passion, skills and character. And that means that we, as a staff, are knowledgable, passionate, skilled, and character-driven. It means that we love the subject we teach, and it means we love integrating it into the fabric of other content areas as well. It means we look for the biology in pizza-making, the physics in mountain biking, and the literary references in TV shows. Our staff members continually ask themselves the question, “what’s best for kids?”
Please visit https://www.thecubeschool.org/join-our-team to apply.
What are we looking for?
The CUBE is looking for a Business and Operations Manager to skillfully manage all non-academic facets of the CUBE, including accounting, finance, operations, systems development, audit preparation, strategic management and grant reporting (lots more too). This position is for the person who loves detail, and also loves creating, maintaining and improving systems that empower the mission and vision. You have the opportunity to drive non-academic systems, creating smooth operations amidst a complex reporting environment. We’re looking for that person who can make sense of complex problems, find beauty in the details, and creatively solve logistical problems — all with an intense desire to transform educational outcomes for our students.
Desired Mindsets & Habits
- Driven by a burning desire to see all students succeed.
- Works with a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrates a relentless focus on achieving equity.
- Self-reflective and exemplifies a growth mindset.
- Self-directed agent of his/her own learning.
- Embraces risk, fails forward, and pivots to capitalize on opportunities.
- Encourages and embraces productive conflict.
Responsibilities and Outcomes
- Nimble project manager, with demonstrated ability to proactively manage multiple deadlines — excellent planning and logistics skills
- Demonstrates ability to connect and communicate with multiple stakeholders.
- Detail oriented — sweats the small stuff and super organized.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
- Manage payroll system and payroll files, as well as point person on all HR systems
- Ensure proper recording of all transactions in QuickBooks and prepare all financial reports for the Executive Director
- Assist with preparing and monitoring the annual budget
- Coordinate tax filings and 990 filing with auditor
- Issue tax notices (1099s) to vendors and contractors
- Work closely with Development Director to coordinate grant reporting as needed
- Ensure proper documentation and implementation of government-funded grant programs
- Prepare reports for Colorado Department of Education, Denver Public Schools and any other entity as needed.
How to ApplyPlease visit https://www.thecubeschool.org/join-our-team/ to apply
319 total views, 3 today