Marketing and Communications Chief Communications Officer
Hiring Salary Range $85,134 – $102,161
Position Salary Range $85,134 – $119,590
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
Responsible for Eagle County Schools communications and community relations including media relations, internal and external communications, parent and family engagement, advocacy and crisis communications.
SUPERVISED BY: Superintendent
SUPERVISES: Communications Manager, Family Outreach Liaison
ESSENTIAL JOB ELEMENTS:
- Develop and manage a strategic Communications Plan with the goal of creating and maintaining the community perception that Eagle County Schools is a great place to educate children.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with local, state and national news media through proactive contacts, and serve as District Spokesperson and as a source of information for the news media.
- Provide communications counsel for Board of Education, Superintendent, District Leadership Team, Principals and Department Managers.
- Oversee the design, development and content of external communications and publications.
- Coordinate communications with local municipalities and governmental entities to insure consistent, concise information about Eagle County Schools.
- Develop, conduct and analyze an annual district wide customer survey.
- Develop and coordinate opportunities for intellectual community conversations concerning relevant and current educational issues.
- Insure the district and school web sites represent the strategic communications plan and utilize social media to communicate the district mission and vision.
- Coordinate Eagle County Schools presence and support at community events such as parades, town functions, etc.
- Represent the District at designated community functions and with community organizations, and serve on district-wide committees.
- Attend Board of Education and Administrative Team meetings; coordinate and communicate to staff and media regarding those meetings.
- Crisis planning and management in support of school safety.
- Manage crisis and emergency communications, internally and externally.
- Represent the District in Public Information Officers (PIO) intergovernmental county-wide organization.
- Develop, influence and support District and school-based initiatives for family and student engagement.
- Drive collaboration and partnerships with community nonprofits and foundations in support of families and District mission.
- Oversee community events related to the implementation of bond projects.
- Oversee the creation and distribution of informational materials related to the bond program.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
All district personnel, media, parents, citizens, county public relations personnel, Board of Education, civic/service organizations, Colorado School Public Relations Association, contracted personnel.
- BA/BS degree, preferably in journalism, public relations, marketing or a related field of study.
- Graduate level degree or APR preferred.
- Experience in public relations and/or marketing preferred.
- Experience in K-12 public education preferred.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving, organizational and time management skills.
- Computer skills: word processing, Excel, PowerPoint, layout and design software (preferably InDesign), social media strategies.
How to ApplyPlease visit www.eagleschools.net to apply!
45 total views, 1 today