Operations Chief Operating Officer
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) is the executive administrator for the Offices of Accounting, Finance, Procurement, Technology, and District Capital Planning. The COO is responsible for overseeing the finances associated with the day to day and long-term business operations of the Hamilton County Department of Education. These activities include the responsibility for budgeting and accounting of funds in excess of 400 million dollars received and disbursed by the County.
The COO is also responsible for activities associated with non-agency business office related functions. These activities center on providing technical assistance to the District in the areas of school finance, school business operations, benefits, technology and and other District programs including child nutrition and school health programs. Further, reports to the School Board on the financial condition of the school system.
Lastly, the mission of the COO is to ensure that the business and business related operations of the Hamilton County Department of Education operate in an efficient and effective manner, so that the primary focus of the agency is to increase student achievement and make Hamilton County the fastest improving school district in the state of Tennessee.
- Leads development of budget and ensures alignment of spending to district strategic plan.
- Identifies, develops, and manages teams to implement operational process improvements to ensure high organizational efficiency and effectiveness of the District’s central office functions to best serve schools and students.
- Leads the district in transitioning to a variable-cost organization and reducing fixed costs and liabilities.
- Works in partnership with the finance team to implement tight financial controls to reduce wasteful spending and align district resources to the organizational priorities.
- Manages the implementation of the staff/departmental evaluation systems to ensure fidelity and increased efficacy.
- Provides hands-on management to direct reports, including providing regular feedback, coaching and direct support to ensure all team members are operating at a high level.
- Ensures that all operational staff provide responsive, courteous and helpful customer service to the schools, staff and other stakeholders they serve.
- Works collaboratively with administration, principals, secretaries, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Attends work and arrives to work on time.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Adheres to the Teacher Code of Ethics as defined by Tennessee Law.
Other Job Information:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in public or business administration, education or other similar fields required; Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in business administration, education or other similar fields preferred.
- At least 4-6 years of experience leading and managing the operations of an urban public school organization or similar organization required.
- At least 5 years of senior level experience working directly with superintendents, executive cabinet leaders, school board members, non-profits, or community representatives preferred.
- Evidence of successful experience leading major change management efforts, preferably in urban public schools preferred.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills to deal effectively with students, educators, parents, and community members.
- Use computers and other technology to enter and access information related to essential job functions.
- May operate a motor vehicle to conduct various work activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assistant Superintendent-Level PositionTo apply, complete the PROFESSIONAL application.
How to ApplyApply at http://bit.ly/2zXq3ls and complete the PROFESSIONAL application.
398 total views, 1 today