Operations / Administration Chief Operating Officer
Hamilton County Schools, located in beautiful Chattanooga, TN, is on track to become the fastest improving school district in the state of Tennessee. We are seeking an experienced education leader to be our next Chief Operating Officer and assist our district leadership in reaching our Future Ready 2023 goals.
The purpose of this job is to provide effective leadership for the planning, coordination, and supervision of Hamilton County’s school operations and capital projects.
- Oversees the operation of the following programs and departments: Facilities, Maintenance, transportation, food service, safety and long-term capital planning.
- Responsible for recommendations on zoning changes to address school capacities.
- Oversees energy management efforts and ensures variable cost controls and reduced fixed asset costs and liabilities.
- Evaluates systems to improve efficiency and effectiveness of school district operations.
- Works collaboratively with department heads to support the vision and mission of the school district.
- Coordinates with appropriate personnel and outside agencies to ensure the safe operations of schools.
- Leads the planning, development, and implementation of programs, policies, and procedures for assigned areas to ensure the effective utilization of resources to support the vision and mission of the school district.
- Creates a customer-focused climate and provides quality services and support to schools and other stakeholders.
- Consults and collaborates with the Superintendent, Board of Education, State Department of Education, administrators, district employees, and other officials to ensure efficient school operations.
- Evaluates effectiveness of operations and programs in assigned areas; identifies and implements improvements or enhancements.
- Supervises, directs, counsels, disciplines, and evaluates assigned staff.
- Ensures compliance with district, state, and federal policies, regulations, and laws.
- Develops, recommends, and implements budget for assigned area; monitors expenditures to ensure compliance with approved budget.
- Establishes procedures for ensuring assigned areas are safe.
- Communicates through the proper channels to keep the Superintendent and other appropriate personnel informed of impending problems.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Adheres to the Teacher Code of Ethics as defined by Tennessee Law.
Master’s degree preferred in School Administration and Supervision, Educational Leadership, or Business Management; supplemented by ten (10) years previous experience that includes progressively responsible school management, school administration, or operations management. Experience in transportation/logistics and management strongly preferred, or, any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Must possess a valid state-issued driver’s license.
- Advanced knowledge of effective management practices; knowledge of school management operations preferred
- Ability to manage and coordinate diverse district functions through subordinate supervisors
- Strong communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
- Passion for education and student success
How to ApplyApplicants may submit a formal application at www.hcde.org/careers
498 total views, 1 today