Instructional Support College and Career Counselor
Position: College and Career Counselor
Start Date: August 1, 2018
Salary range: $45,000- $76,000 for 195 days with competitive benefits package.
At STEM School Highlands Ranch we put innovation in the center of learning to unleash the potential of all students and prepare them for an exponentially changing world. Don’t just read about our school; See what we do every day!
- We equip students to succeed in an exponentially changing world.
- We leverage the power of collaboration.
- We relentlessly reinvent and adapt.
- We forge pathways of discovery through continuous inquiry and experimentation.
- We nurture the unlimited human potential.
- We ethically and positively impact the world.
What we expect:
At STEM School Highlands Ranch, we expect teachers to be agile learners who design thoughtful curriculum that ensures unlimited student engagement.
What you can expect:
A community of committed professionals who engage in constant collaboration and innovation in order to nurture unlimited teacher and student potential.
The position: The College and Career Counselor is responsible for the post-secondary curriculum in grades 9-12. This position is a full-time position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all student & parent programming related to the post-secondary planning process
- Oversee implementation of ICAP requirements
- Counsel students regarding special circumstances (e.g. : fee waivers, 1st generation status, military background,NCAA, etc.
- Update School Profile annually
- Nominate/assist students to apply for organization scholarships including but not limited to the Boettcher & Daniels Fund Scholarships, ROTC, NCAA
- Assist students identified as National Merit Semi-finalists
- Communicate important announcements and opportunities to students via Naviance
- Meet with students and parents throughout the post-secondary planning process
- Train/assist faculty with writing college/scholarship recommendations; implement faculty workshops as needed
- Review students’ college/scholarship essays as requested
- Write senior recommendations and/or collaborate with faculty on recommendations
- Serve as liaison with college representatives + schedule college visits
- Assist students with the process of applying to all post-secondary institutions/programs/opportunities including but not limited to colleges/universities, military academies, gap year programs, apprenticeships, etc.
- Meet with individual juniors/parents for post-secondary planning in spring
- Assist in administering the state required standardized testing
- Publicize scholarships/oversee maintainance of database
- Maintain historical senior class matriculation/scholarships earned records
- Maintain Professional Association memberships and attend meetings/conferences as appropriate.
- Update and maintain current college related information on the STEM website
- Explore/Consider new and innovative programs/systems related to post-secondary planning (e.g. SCOIR)
- Assist and work with High School Counselors as needed.
- Masters of Counseling or Related Field
- Certificate in School Counseling
- Minimum 2-3 years College Counseling experience preferred.
How to ApplySUBMISSION DIRECTIONS: Submit cover letter, copies of all qualification documents, reference letters, STEM application and supporting documentation in email to email@example.com. Include position title and last name in subject line of email.
164 total views, 1 today