Marketing and Communications Communications Associate
Job Title: Communications Associate
Department: Sector Development
Reports To: Vice President of Communications
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Communications Associate is responsible for managing tactical efforts related to internal and external communications. Key among the responsibilities includes: project managing key efforts such as social media, email communications, website updates, and supporting the RISE grant. Important components are: maintaining high-quality written communications, high level assessment of visual and graphic standards, events production, and thoughtfulness in developing content. The Associate will work closely alongside the VP and the other members of the team. This is a temporary position through July 31, 2021, but may have the option of being extended.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned and are subject to change.
Internal Communications: Manage mailings and editorial calendar. All mailings or correspondence through Informz, or similar system, will be reviewed edited by VP before delivery.
- Produce/Write electronic communications including newsletters/event invitations/etc.
- Create articles features and other content for website, social media and e-newsletters
Public and Media Relations
- Track media coverage of Colorado League of Charter Schools
- Track and respond as advised to social media contacts through Meltwater, or similar system
Marketing and Communications
- Lead specific projects and marketing programs as designated by the VP of Communications
- Develop draft content in Social Media, website, email and other avenues
- Social Media: execute a social media plan to ensure that this channel is growing and vibrant
- RISE grant production includes the planning, set up, regular reporting and build out of a website, comms plan, and additional internal communications efforts
- Other campaigns TBD
- As needed support content (creative) generation and oversight to ensure quality
- As needed, support event marketing
- Support event production to including research and secure event locations
Work with multiple systems to ensure data is kept up to date and includes: YM, Community, Meltwater, Hootsuite, and others
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities or budgetary oversight.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office software YourMembership, Community, Meltwater, Hootsuite, and others (Adobe CS a plus)
- Knowledge of web design
- Writing experience
- Social medial set up and tactics knowledge
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
At least three years of experience in a marketing or communications role.
LANGUAGE AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information to management.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATION
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal office environment with remote work option. The noise level in the work environment varies between quiet and moderate
- Occasional, less than 25%, travel and work off site, particularly to different Front Range schools